Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark4 View Post
    everywhere were full of boxy, full cut suits
    I know I'm in the minority, but I miss boxy, full cut suits. I wore them for probably 20 years. The current style--I feel like I'm wearing something a size too small and that I'll bust a seam open any minute.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

J Crew was going to go out of business anyway. Covid may have just quickened that process

Comment

https://putthison.com/do-we-need-j-crew-anymore/

Comment

Yeah, Spex I rear that article too. I'd say we still need JC, even though they do not have a huge presence in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Yeah, Spex I rear that article too. I'd say we still need JC, even though they do not have a huge presence in Canada.
            given that pretty much nobody else knows how to make a proper slim cut suit or sport jacket, i'd say that yes, we need j-crew. everyone else either goes full on skinny, or has the button stance too high, or uses large lapels on slim fit, or chops the tail. the ludlow pattern does none of that (in real life; in their online pics, they like to stick 6'4" models in a short or regular for some reason).

i don't want to live in a world without jcrew

Comment

I think they will get out of business soon in these conditions.

Comment

PTO now has a follow up to "do we even need Jcrew any more" in talking about some Jcrew alternatives.

https://putthison.com/post-prep-prep...ithout-j-crew/

Comment

The most recent podcast from Planet Money does a great job of explaining the J Crew bankruptcy.

Comment

With all this talk about J. Crew's bankruptcy, they are having some fantastic deals right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X