Spring Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Cleaning

Given that most of us are now stuck inside for the time being, how many of you have started on your Spring cleaning?

Planning on reducing your wardrobe? What are you going to get rid of? Will you be purchasing any upgrades to replace any items?

For myself, I'm planning on giving away clothes that I simply don't wear.. Or making a few masks out of them.

I did a major update after watching that Marie Kondo show on Netflix about a year or so ago. I don't have much spring cleaning for clothing but usually downsizing shirts. My philosophy after that show was 1 in and 1 out on most clothing items unless something that has multiple purposes and value. Somehow I seem to always collect more t-shirts than anything else, so that is usually the only thing that could use additional downsizing in spring time. But with working from home I'm in a t-shirt everyday ... so I guess that is on pause.

I've put all dappered related items on pause. Not intentionally but there just doesn't seem a point to me for adding new collared shirts, ties, suits, etc. when it could be easily another month+until back in the office.

The only items I've considered lately are some type of modified sweat pants. I have nice fleece ones but it's getting warmer. I wear jeans most days but figured if anything it might be nice to get something in between jeans and full on sweats.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post

I've put all dappered related items on pause. Not intentionally but there just doesn't seem a point to me for adding new collared shirts, ties, suits, etc. when it could be easily another month+until back in the office.
      I completely understand where you're coming from. I've wanted to buy a navy blue blazer lately, but since the tailors within my area are not open- it's a hard sell for me. Hopefully things get back to normal sooner than later.

Comment

yes...but refining my wardrobe is something i usually do subconsciously anyway lol

Comment

I ended up literally cleaning my closet. I took everything out, wiped it down, vacuumed, and also put away wool sweaters. Until next year my friends.

Comment

I go through my clothes seasonally, if it hasn't been worn since the last go through, it's gone. Of course, specifically focused items like ski clothes, etc. get a pass.

Comment

I did a whole house deep clean back around Christmas time so I don't have a lot to get rid of at this point. In fact I was rooting around for items I could potentially repurpose as cloth face masks and wasn't really able to come up with anything I was willing to cut up, lul. Good thing my mom went ahead and made me some (she is a quilter with lots of sewing equipment and materials).
              Ben

Comment

The wife did a whole kitchen clean on the weekend. This weekend I've been told we are going to take a look at cleaning out the garage, provided the weather is warm enough.

I do like the idea of what [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] did. I think I'll do that myself this weekend too. Plus with spring/summer here, I need to swap out my winter clothes and swap in the summer clothes. The clothing swap will give me a good chance to do a good closet cleaning.

Comment

Been doing some here and there so as to not get too overwhelmed/burned out, since we're both home all day every day now.

And yes, plans were to reduce the wardrobe. And i got a big pile going for donation (whenever we can do that again).

Then Spier did 25% off a buncha stuff and Suitsupply opened the outlet and I found some stuff on sale for a few other hobbies I have and suddenly my tattoo fund lost some money lol.

Ah well easily another month of this crap thru May so plenty of time to save back up for the ink.
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I did a decent sized purge a few months ago. I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that for work, I like white or blue buttoned down shirts. I've gotten rid of most of the shirts that fall into that category, but I need to just bite the bullet and get rid of all of them (except for one or two spread collar shirts, and the french cuffs in case i need it, and maybe a few patterned shirts if I want something different...)

I also need to do a purge on shoes. Those indoor soccer "cleats" from literally ten years ago that I haven't worn in.... ten years? They need to go. Along with the Clark Bushacres that just make my feet look fat.

As far as replacing stuff, I did buy a good bit of Target's new workout line. All my other workout shorts were lined, which is great for running, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I don't like running, and when I do run, it's for < 3 miles on a treadmill.

Comment

Working...
                    X