Buzz Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Cuts

Sooo...I'm curious. How many of you are getting to the point where you're about to have to start cutting your own hair? I've never done it before, and I haven't had a buzz cut since I was in the second grade, but it's looking like now might be the time to try it out. I'm sure I'll botch it the first couple times, but nobody's going to see it anyway.

yeah i had my wife break out the clippers. She has cut the kids hair for years so i said why not. I asked her to do 1-3 fade on the sides and a 7 or 8 up top. She gets the fade looking acceptable, grabs the 8 - too long. I ask her to try the 6. She gets two buzzes in and realizes she has a freaking TWO!!!!!!!!

*sigh* so im now buzzed

Comment

Originally posted by neminat View Post
      yeah i had my wife break out the clippers. She has cut the kids hair for years so i said why not. I asked her to do 1-3 fade on the sides and a 7 or 8 up top. She gets the fade looking acceptable, grabs the 8 - too long. I ask her to try the 6. She gets two buzzes in and realizes she has a freaking TWO!!!!!!!!

*sigh* so im now buzzed
      Ha! You could always go for the "skullet" look. I fully expect this to happen to me too.

Comment

I'm getting close. Right now my hair is the longest it's ever been and I am not a fan of long hair on the sides.

Another week or two and I'll be asking my wife to do mine. Prob 3 on the sides and 4-5 on top. I haven't buzzed my hair in probably 15 or so years. Used to do it all the time as a kid. I am surely going to be surprised at where my hairline is haha

Comment

My wife has already offered to cut my hair. It's not bad yet. But I've been thinking of just cutting it all off. Like somebody above said, nobody's going to see it.

And I remember when I was in high school all those years ago, the guys on the football team all shaved their heads at the beginning of the season. When their hair grew back, it looked really good--all fresh and new.

Of course, they were all young back then. I don't know what happens when you're old like I am.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
            I'm getting close. Right now my hair is the longest it's ever been and I am not a fan of long hair on the sides.

Another week or two and I'll be asking my wife to do mine. Prob 3 on the sides and 4-5 on top. I haven't buzzed my hair in probably 15 or so years. Used to do it all the time as a kid. I am surely going to be surprised at where my hairline is haha
            Another week or two and those of us outside New York are going to say screw it and go get our hair cut.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
              Another week or two and those of us outside New York are going to say screw it and go get our hair cut.
              Well hair cutting places are closed in VA, so there isn't an option ... nor would I want to take that risk. I'd rather look bad with a buzzcut or longer hair than I want then risk it.

Comment

Not only am I leaving it long, I am attempting to grow my first beard. It isn’t working, so instead, I am growing my first goatee.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                  Used to do it all the time as a kid. I am surely going to be surprised at where my hairline is haha
                  I hear you! Every time I almost work up the courage to do it, I pull my hair back and, eh, it can wait a few more days!

Comment

Originally posted by CK83 View Post
                    I hear you! Every time I almost work up the courage to do it, I pull my hair back and, eh, it can wait a few more days!
                    Exactly what I've done haha. I also worry that while I have sporadic grays around the sides, it will just be all gray when it grows back in haha. My dad grayed very early.

My stylist goofed on my last hair cut and tried to shape my hairline around the part and when he went up too high I really got a look at how far back it's gotten. Not bad, not in danger of losing hair, just surprising ... I don't know if I want to see that much forehead haha. First mistake he's made in the 3+ years cutting my hair. Hope he's doing alright.

Comment

I thought about a buzz for a fleeting second, and then decided I'd rather it just grow longer. I've never had a buzz and maybe that's why it doesn't appeal to me.

I guess the same justification can be made for growing it out that you made for a buzz cut. We're not seeing anyone anyway so who cares what it looks like haha.

Comment

I decided to become an early adopter and buzzed my hair a few weeks ago. I trimmed up the sides again this past weekend but am hoping for the top to get long enough to do a kind of Caesar-ish look.

Luckily I buzzed my hair a lot when I was a broke college student so I know I've got an ok head shape for it and I've got the basic technique down.
                        Ben

Comment

sadly i don't have the head for a buzz. tried cutting it myself a couple times last year but always botched it. just gonna wait it out as long as i can

Comment

I keep my hair long (shoulder length) and had a trim towards the end of Feb. If things get out of control our resident barber will be requested to help.

Comment

All the shops are closed around here. Speaking of gray, watch that. I trimmed my Van Dyke too close once, and when it grew back in, I look “Distinguished”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X