No announcement yet.

Buzz Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 weeks since my last haircut (usually 4 weeks) its driving me crazy. I would really like to try the shaved head look, but I have Clark Gable ears.

Comment

Nine weeks! Whoa! That's crazy talk. I'll be getting the wife to break out the trimmer this weekend.

Comment

had my last web meeting for 2 weeks today...buzzing it right after work! it's been 8 weeks now and i'm done with my hair

Edit: Done, feels so good!
        Last edited by Scofield; May 1, 2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I gave myself a buzz cut last night. All I have is a beard trimmer... so all that's left now is stubble.

To be honest, I look ridiculous. But now I know! And no one will see before it grows out.

Comment

Mine is just now on the verge of exploding out of my product control.
            I need to DM 2014 Harry Styles for advice...

Comment

Well, I went and got my haircut last week and it was great. Sorry for the rest of you ...

Comment

Has anyone tried anything besides a buzzcut?

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                  Well, I went and got my haircut last week and it was great. Sorry for the rest of you ...
                  Went and got mine done today. Left the beard alone though. Now i look proper vetbro. Just need some black rifle coffee co stickers on my tundra.....
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Well I just buzzed mine. Shortest it's been my entire life. I used the "3" setting on a Braun multipurpose clipper which is 3mm or roughly a #1 guard. It is very short with visible scalp -- a true buzz cut. The advantage of going so short is you can't really mess it up. I will need to watch out for sunburn though. Overall a good opportunity to evaluate the shape of my dome and see the true state of my hairline. Feeling pretty good about the former and a little less good about the latter. Overall a fun experience and I'm glad I did it. Looking forward to being maintenance free in the hair department for a while.

Comment

I cut my hair last weekend. I watched plenty of videos on youtube so I went in with a strategy. I was going to use clippers on the side and scissors on the top, but I couldn't do the scissors by myself. I ended up doing the sides about 10mm on the sides/back and 20mm (the longest setting) on the top. I ended up being very happy with the results. Both my wife and mother-in-law said I did a very good job. I normally get my hair cut every two weeks so I will give it a go again next weekend.

Comment

I cut mine last weekend. A 3 to 4 taper on the sides and back and an inch on top. That’s my normal cut anyway. Honestly, it looks as good as when I go get it cut somewhere. In fact, people were asking where I found to get a haircut. I’ll probably keep doing it. I really hate going to get my haircut anyway and I always put it off too long. This way I can just keep it in shape myself. The only thing I need to figure out is how to edge the back hairline better. Over all, I’m very satisfied.

Comment

I'll also mention that clippers are 100% sold out in my area. I stopped at no less than seven stores yesterday and all were the same -- plenty of small beard trimmers but no full sized haircut clippers. Also seeing low stock and sold out for certain models on Amazon. Seems like lots of folks are having the same idea of buzzing their own hair. I'm going to start paying attention to whether I'm seeing more "covid cuts" when out and about...

Comment

Originally posted by Supramanz View Post
                            Has anyone tried anything besides a buzzcut?
                            Short on the sides, long side part on the top. I had to get help for the back of the nick, I’ve got a weird taper at my neckline. But scissors on the top isn’t too hard, just get it damp, and go slow. I cut my own hair for a while in college, so not too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                              I'd rather have my wife cut my hair at this given time then the close proximity and lack of PPE for hair salons. I feel for them but I don't see how it can safely be done at this time. She didn't do a bad job either but I do find it hilarious she didn't even google tips of my hair (despite my request). But for our son she watched countless videos haha

Comment

During the pandemic, it was also difficult for me in terms of haircuts, because my Barber did not work. I had to learn to do it myself with articles like this https://wisebarber.com/how-to-cut-your-own-hair-for-men. But my wife often helps me with my hair cut, we are even used to getting a haircut at home on our own

Comment

Working...
                                X