X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melsei
    replied
    Originally posted by MediumTex View Post
    Google is your friend here. I'm not trying to be snarky, I promise. If I'm curious about a particular style, I'll Google it and then do an image search. Usually you'll get quite a few style shots of entire outfits that will give you some ideas about what to wear. I'll also Google "how to wear" or "how to style" and then whatever it is I'm curious about. Again, you'll probably get some good ideas that way. Good luck. Looks like you're new to the forum. Welcome!
    This is pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• garryowen47
    replied
    Originally posted by flatbear View Post
    i like the chippewa service boots in oxblood. you can often find them under 100 bucks for 2nds on sale
    I second this!

To answer OP's question: I usually wear my boots with selvedge denim and a crewneck wool sweater (i.e., lambswool, cashmere, etc...), usually layered under a wool coat since I wear them exclusively in autumn / winter. It's a clean, timeless look.

An alternative to denim is corduroy pants. And if you need an extra layer for warmth, you can layer an oxford or flannel shirt under the sweater. Either way, I think the point is that you want to pair the boots with thick, rugged items.

Leave a comment:

• MediumTex
    replied
    Google is your friend here. I'm not trying to be snarky, I promise. If I'm curious about a particular style, I'll Google it and then do an image search. Usually you'll get quite a few style shots of entire outfits that will give you some ideas about what to wear. I'll also Google "how to wear" or "how to style" and then whatever it is I'm curious about. Again, you'll probably get some good ideas that way. Good luck. Looks like you're new to the forum. Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• flatbear
    replied
    i like the chippewa service boots in oxblood. you can often find them under 100 bucks for 2nds on sale

Leave a comment:

• Czerniewski
    replied
    I was thinking about the Burnt Copper or Arizona Adobe colored ones. As for normal wear, no specific requirements for what I need to wear just wanting to broaden my selection. I usually just wear jeans and a polo/t-shirt.

I have only seen people wear them with rolled up jeans and was wondering how other styles could be worn in an everyday setting. Only issue with Iron Rangers is little more pricey and not sure how I feel about the bulbous front

Leave a comment:

• the passenger
    replied
    Start by thinking about how you normally dress: does your job have a dress code? Or can you wear what you want and are just looking to expand your shoe choices? Broadly, the Thursday boots are going to be dressier (but not overly so), but that also depends on which color and leather you choose. If you get them in brown or black smooth leather, you ought to be able to wear them in most business-casual settings with chinos or other common "office pants."

The Iron Rangers are going to make more sense as a weekend style for many/most guys. With those you'd probably want to stick with jeans, or maybe 5-pocket cords.

Leave a comment:

• Czerniewski
    started a topic Fashion Boots/Practical Boots

Fashion Boots/Practical Boots

What are the different ways to wear boots on an everyday setting? I am referring to Thursday Boots Captains or Red wings Iron Rangers?

Looking to get one pair of either to wear on a daily basis but not sure how to wear them?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Working...
X