Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working from home - the new norm. So what to wear and a Dappered work space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wearing the same pair of sweatpants and hunched over my wifes make-up desk in our closet-sized NYC apartment for the past week.
    In other words, yeah its working out great lol

Comment

My wife and I have been having some theme days to keep things fun.

Today is Work From Home Film Noir Friday. Not sure how long those photos will be visible on this site.

And if you need trench coats:

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Work from ....Hawai’i???

I’ve been working from home in Hawaii for 2wks now. My daughter is in college here and was going to transfer&move end of the year. Then school shut, so we flew out here to help her pack out early and fix&sell her ‘96 T100. And then the whole country started shutting down. So we decided it was better to stay on the island and work from her apt. The other option was return to Chicago were we share our house w/ 4 grandkids: HI is more effective wfh for me, more sanity for my wife...and off course it’s Hawai’i.

Normally, to get my mindset right for wfh, I need to dress same as when I go into office. But HI, even during this gorgeous time of year, it is a bit like camping - even after a shower, I always feel a little sticky and disheveled. So I’ve regressed to simply wearing sleep shorts and throwing on the same shirt multiple days in a row. It doesn’t help that - b/c of 5hr time zone difference - I’m starting my days at 4pm to stay somewhat synched with Chicago homebase.

No dappered space here, I’m hunkered down between 3 spots: college apt kitchen table, college couch, and backyard under the avocado tree (ah...Hawai’i)

Comment

I wear my wool pants and shirt (with field jacket when going out), because
          1. Normally I pick up some tea drink in the morning
          2. I pick up my lunch
          3. I have wool pants and shirt way more than anything else

50:50 I would change to sweatpants after lunch.

Comment

Last year I invested in a Herman Miller desk chair and now I'm very glad I did. It's expensive, but worth is as I'm in it at least ten hours day. Also got some Beats over-the-ear, noise cancelling headphones that I can use with my iPhone. Also expensive, but worth it, in my opinion.

I shower first thing every morning and usually wear a button down and jeans because I do a lot of video calls on Zoom.

Comment

Working from home - the new norm. So what to wear and a Dappered work space?

I've adjusted to working from home over the past few weeks. I have an office set up in a guest bedroom, so I already had a space that I could shut the door and work quietly, or take calls without getting interrupted, (though the kids being home always leaves that in question). The biggest thing I've realized since doing this full time is the need for a new chair, which I have since replaced with a more standard, and much more comfortable/supportive, desk chair.

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] that's a very nice looking desk and work environment. Certainly beats my sitting on the couch with a notebook computer on my lap.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                  I've adjusted to working from home over the past few weeks. I have an office set up in a guest bedroom, so I already had a space that I could shut the door and work quietly, or take calls without getting interrupted, (though the kids being home always leaves that in question). The biggest thing I've realized since doing this full time is the need for a new chair, which I have since replaced with a more standard, and much more comfortable/supportive, desk chair.

What chair is that in the picture? I love how it looks, and I'm always doing the opposite of what you do. I prefer to sit on a hard, uncushioned kitchen chair rather than a standard office chair.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                    What chair is that in the picture? I love how it looks, and I'm always doing the opposite of what you do. I prefer to sit on a hard, uncushioned kitchen chair rather than a standard office chair.
                    Thanks. I love the chair as well. It looks great and is fine to sit in for periods of time. I just couldnt do it all day, every day for multiple months.

Here is the desk: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-mrow9125.html

This is the chair: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-lgly4033.html

Comment

Working...
                    X