Review of SS Shoes on the main site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of SS Shoes on the main site

Since there’s no comment section I figured I’d post about it in threads in the hopes that Adam reads the forums.

Overall liked the review and thought there was a lot of helpful stuff. One thing that I thought was potentially confusing was the sizing, where you say that it runs small and guidance is to go half a size up.

Obviously YMMV and everyone’s feet are different with different preferences for fit, so getting that out there first. You measure as a 10.5 D/E brannock, so going true to size would be taking a 10.5D/E in dress shoes. But you say you take a size 10D in dress shoes, but those are in lasts where vast majority of people go half a size down (Barrie and Leo). I think for most people the more accurate advice would be to stick with your normal size (with caveat that the shoe runs narrow) - otherwise if the only thing people read is to go up half a size they’re likely gonna be disappointed.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

That guy does a really good review on shoes, and he definitely talked me out of that model.

Comment

I’ve found their shoes uncomfortable and overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
        Since there’s no comment section I figured I’d post about it in threads in the hopes that Adam reads the forums.

Overall liked the review and thought there was a lot of helpful stuff. One thing that I thought was potentially confusing was the sizing, where you say that it runs small and guidance is to go half a size up.

Obviously YMMV and everyone’s feet are different with different preferences for fit, so getting that out there first. You measure as a 10.5 D/E brannock, so going true to size would be taking a 10.5D/E in dress shoes. But you say you take a size 10D in dress shoes, but those are in lasts where vast majority of people go half a size down (Barrie and Leo). I think for most people the more accurate advice would be to stick with your normal size (with caveat that the shoe runs narrow) - otherwise if the only thing people read is to go up half a size they’re likely gonna be disappointed.
        I don’t know how anyone can say that they wear a certain size in most shoes...I have sizes 9.5 to 11.5 in my closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
          That guy does a really good review on shoes, and he definitely talked me out of that model.
          About the only thing I'll get from SuitSupply these days is odd jackets and ties. But I'll wait until suitreview gets them in stock cause they're less expensive.

They've really fallen into the trap of fashion-forward instead of style but it's their business to run and they clearly have a mahooooossive contingent that likes that so more power to 'em.
          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            About the only thing I'll get from SuitSupply these days is odd jackets and ties. But I'll wait until suitreview gets them in stock cause they're less expensive.

They've really fallen into the trap of fashion-forward instead of style but it's their business to run and they clearly have a mahooooossive contingent that likes that so more power to 'em.
            Same ... I love their ties and their jackets still fit. I started with SuSu and I really liked their quality, etc. Problem is fit ... I just cannot fit any of their suit lines comfortably for a days worth of wear especially in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Hey! Thanks for the feedback; I do try to read the threads at least once a week if not once a day.

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
              Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
              I’ve found their shoes uncomfortable and overpriced.
              SAME.

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
              I don’t know how anyone can say that they wear a certain size in most shoes...I have sizes 9.5 to 11.5 in my closet.
              I own like 50 pairs of shoes and boots, so in my small data set, the US sizing has been pretty consistent *for me*.

Comment

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
                I range from 8 to 10 but I do have a most consistent size. the others are outliers because of the specific shoe or the brand or whatever. I bet if you document all of them you will see the same.

Comment

That’s funny. I’m consistently an 11B. I usually fit into 10.5 for tennis shoes because they (in my experience) never come in a narrow width.

I don’t think I own any shoes that aren’t 11-11.5B with the exception of athletic shoes and a pair of white leather NB and my Rainbow flip flops. Even my Sperry’s are a B width.

Side note: it SUCKS to have narrow feet. AE seems to be the only shoemaker consistently looking out for guys like me and [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                  X