Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhodes Dylan Desert Boots - Break in question

Hey all,

Just ordered and received these, they are a bit narrow but I love them otherwise, the leather is incredibly supple. My question is if they will break in and 'mold' to my foot with wear or if the narrow nature is just how they will be? Anyone with experience?

Thanks,
    Dave

Hey! I don't have those specific boots but, generally speaking, they should stretch out a hair with about a week of constant wear. If they're snug but not uncomfortable, I'd keep them. If they're too snug to wear for a day, return them ASAP.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I'll give them another shot and wear them around the house today (one benefit of social distancing...no where to go).

Go Sox!

Dave

Comment

Update:

Mostly in case anyone searches for these boots:

I tend to be a size 10 in most shoes (10.5 in athletic shoes) and have somewhat wide feet - Nike tends to be too narrow, but I don't need to buy specifically wide width footwear.

I ordered the Dylan Desert Boots in size 10 and they came and fit well excepting with a moderately thin pair of cotton socks - what I wear most often - I could feel my outside toes rubbing a bit. I was conflicted on whether to return or to take a chance on them molding to my foot. I initially printed a return label and was just waiting for the best time to go to the post office, but finally talked myself into keeping them as I really loved pretty much everything else about them. I wore them to the grocery store in a similar pair of socks as the initial try-on and then for a walk around the neighborhood with the family and they pretty much immediately molded to my foot and did not cause any rubbing or noticeable negative feel. After ~1 mile of walking I find them incredibly comfortable and have no concerns about blisters or discomfort going forward.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X