Impact of COVID-19 on Dappered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact of COVID-19 on Dappered

Curious, and my apologies if the wrong avenue, but I am wondering how the recent illness has impacted most of our day-to-days with regards to being dappered. I know it has impacted my shopping. I could use some new items (long sleeve t's as I mentioned in another thread is one example) but am hesitant to pull the trigger with all the unknowns.

Are you all still proceeding on as normal? Changing your habits? I find myself washing our stuff a bit more than normal which I am sure will impact the longevity but with the little one still going to daycare I am cautious.

It seems a lot of us will or have moved into telework. For those that don't do it often has that changed your approach? I am telework now probably for a few weeks.

I live in one of the CA bay area counties that is under a shelter in place order. I actually had decided to keep my kids home from day care the day before the order was issued so I was a little more prepared than my coworkers. I'm working part time (in the morning before kids are up) and watching my kids the rest of the day.

In terms of dappered relevant changes? I have a couple pairs of Levis I want to return that I'm probably going to get stuck with. Honestly that's the least of my worries.

I would encourage everyone to social distance as much as you can.

Comment

It has delayed a couple of returns, thats about it. Maybe curbed a little bit of leisure shopping, which I need to do less of anyway. I work form home already so my daily wardrobe is the same as it has been.

Comment

I haven't gone shopping in-person at all other than for groceries and other necessities. (Which isn't that unusual for me as I tend to be a bit of a binge shopper - buy a bunch of stuff all at once, and then not buy stuff for a while.) I have not purchased anything online. I have something I need to return to Brooks Brothers that I have hesitated to bring to the Fedex store, although really the sooner I get it done the better. I have a new jacket I need to get tailored but I'm just going to hang onto it for now.

Well over a week ago, while coronavirus still felt kind of like a faraway thing, I placed a pretty significant order from Spier & Mackay. It is still in "processing" status and they have not responded to my email about it. I get that maybe they are reducing workforce or something but if they're not going to process my order they should just cancel it and refund me.... I am starting to get kind of pissed.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Well over a week ago, while coronavirus still felt kind of like a faraway thing, I placed a pretty significant order from Spier & Mackay. It is still in "processing" status and they have not responded to my email about it. I get that maybe they are reducing workforce or something but if they're not going to process my order they should just cancel it and refund me.... I am starting to get kind of pissed.
          Ditto. I ordered a few things early last week from various places (nothing from S&M) in the hope that I did it early enough not to be affected. However, none of those items have shipped. I understand everyone is in uncharted waters at the moment, but if you aren't going to ship my items then don't take orders and process payments.

Comment

Originally posted by abh159 View Post
            Ditto. I ordered a few things early last week from various places (nothing from S&M) in the hope that I did it early enough not to be affected. However, none of those items have shipped. I understand everyone is in uncharted waters at the moment, but if you aren't going to ship my items then don't take orders and process payments.
            It makes me appreciate those businesses that don't actually charge you until they ship your items.

Like, I wouldn't GAF if my order just didn't go through under the current circumstances, that is totally understandable. But I'ma be pissed if you took my money and then don't even respond to my requests for information, let alone ship me the stuff I paid for.

Good thing I used a credit card, I'm going to calendar my charge-back deadline right now.
            Ben

Comment

i actually get to dress stylishly for once because we've been ordered to telework, so shaving and the uniform have taken a brief hiatus.

I had scheduled an appointment at Alton Lane to replace a couple dress shirts on their way out of my closet, for tomorrow, and did hear from them that as long as I don't bring anyone along (minimal person-to-person contact) they're keeping appointments. I'm sure there will be plenty of handwashing occuring before/during/after of course. And I'm okay with that.

No word on whether they'll still be offering a finger of bourbon to enjoy during the appointment.
              https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Been working remote for almost a week. Trying to keep my regular routine including clothes since I am often on video chat. No meetings in pajamas for me.

I did place an order last Wed or Thurs with Spier & Mackay and received it yesterday. Hopefully anyone else who ordered will get theirs soon.

Comment

FWIW I did finally get an email from S&M today, apparently my order is being shipped.
                  Ben

Comment

I've been working at home for more than a year now--that reduced my number of "dappered" days already.

And now we are doing client conferences by phone, so there is less face time.

On top of that, courts in our area are starting to close, so I won't be going to court in the next few weeks.

I still get dressed everyday, but it's very casual. Generally jeans, a polo or henley, and maybe a sweater.
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Definitely cutting back on my discretionary spending until the future of the country becomes more clear. As much as I’d like to buy a few things right now, I’d feel pretty silly if my income took a hit for a few months while this regulates.

Comment

I paused on buying some BR jeans featured on the main site today. With jeans I'll often order more pairs than I plan to keep so I can try a couple different sizes/cuts to see what I like best. I realized that the in-store return process might not be a viable solution in the near future. Plus, while I am still making an effort to get dressed everyday while working from home still, I'm not exactly churning through clothes like I would under normal circumstances. Figured I might be better served holding off.

Comment

I wore a hoodie today...
                          ‘Nuff said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working from home for the next few weeks. Been wearing t-shirts and chinos or jeans. Feels weird not dressing up for work. I haven't made any clothes purchases but did order a large computer monitor on Amazon to supplement my laptop. With spending more time in the house I have been shining all my dress shoes.
                            Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

On week 2 of the shut in life. Been living in athleisure.

Man there are some great sales out there right now. But I kinda feel odd buying new clothes when we are literally living through The Stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X