Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone notice that Allen Edmonds has started importing shoes made in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone notice that Allen Edmonds has started importing shoes made in India?

Did anyone notice that Allen Edmonds has started importing shoes made in India? You've gotta read the questions and answers to find out where they are made.

And they're ugly too (okay, in my opinion anyways--I know looks are subjective). Looks like a knock off of those shoes Cole Hann makes.

And I'm guessing they are glued. But I posted a question on the AE website about their construction.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...297-070-D.html

Anyone like me who hoped Caleres was going to keep the tradition was being overly optimistic.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; March 15, 2020, 02:42 PM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

That would be a good shoe for that physical therapy dude, particularly if it was half price.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
      Did anyone notice that Allen Edmonds has started importing shoes made in India? You've gotta read the questions and answers to find out where they are made.

And they're ugly too (okay, in my opinion anyways--I know looks are subjective). Looks like a knock off of those shoes Cole Hann makes.

And I'm guessing they are glued. But I posted a question on the AE website about their construction.

Anyone who thought Caleres was going to keep the tradition was being overly optimistic.
      I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Comment

Anyone who thought Caleres was going to keep the tradition was being overly optimistic.
        While it is unfortunate they have started doing this it was not unexpected. At least they answered the question posed in the Q&A and have a filter which they link to so you can view only made in the USA shoes.

As long as they continue to offer GW, made in the US shoes at substantial discounts I will consider them. I only own 3 pairs of AE, 1 first and 2 second quality but I have been overall happy with their product for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
          That would be a good shoe for that physical therapy dude, particularly if it was half price.
          That wouldn’t be a good shoe for anyone at any price

Comment

Depending on how you want to define made in USA, AE shoes haven’t been made in USA for years. All the uppers are sewn in DR.
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
              Depending on how you want to define made in USA, AE shoes haven’t been made in USA for years. All the uppers are sewn in DR.

Thanks for educating me. I wasn't aware of that. I guess made in the US is just another marketing gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                That wouldn’t be a good shoe for anyone at any price
                Even my wife doesn't like that high-contrast type of white sole on her athletic shoes. She had me attempt to dye the sole on her workout shoes black. And she only wears them to workout in.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Even my wife doesn't like that high-contrast type of white sole on her athletic shoes. She had me attempt to dye the sole on her workout shoes black. And she only wears them to workout in.
                  I don't get the high-contrast midsoles on those types of shoes. I would presume that it's possible to tint the material to more closely match the upper but Cole Hahn and AE use white anyway.

From a purist standpoint, I don't like the look of the shoe, but I also have foot issues that prevent me from wearing my nice leather soled shoes all the time. I have to occasionally wear an ugly cushioned dress shoe when I'm traveling and will be walking a lot or need to be dressed up multiple days in a row. Not ideal but necessary.

Comment

thats worth like 70 bucks at most bud

Comment

Working...
                    X