The Bonobos Jetsetter Steal Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    But most people, like me, probably end up with a bunch of stuff that's kind of cool but not exactly what they need, and therefore destined for eBay or Goodwill
    LOL. Yes, this is totally me.

Comment

Just came back to this and I'm so glad that not only could I drum up some discussion, but that other people who aren't me know better than I do what I'm saying when I write something.

Of course, if I did such a crap job, I'm sure Joe would be happy to accept submissions from anyone who'd like to take a whack at it.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I hate the "we're all adults who can make our own decisions" argument. yes, of course...that doesn't mean you can say anything and just add a disclaimer "but form your own opinions" (of which the author doesn't even say, a simple "but that's just one man's opinion" would have helped). it doesn't change the intent of the writing and that it goes against the spirit of the site. i don't find it particularly egregious or offensive, but it was absolutely weird enough that I wanted to point it out and maybe the author would want to be a bit more careful with their language next time.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          Just came back to this and I'm so glad that not only could I drum up some discussion, but that other people who aren't me know better than I do what I'm saying when I write something.

Of course, if I did such a crap job, I'm sure Joe would be happy to accept submissions from anyone who'd like to take a whack at it.
          Communication is not just the message being sent but also how the message is being received. I don't think it's harmful feedback or an attack on you. I tried to clarify how I interpreted it not in a slant to the writer but helping clarify how I took it. My apologies if that came off wrong. It's hard to put stuff out on the Internet.

BTW I wouldn't have even known you wrote it ... there was no horse head in the photo to my recollection.

Comment

It doesn't go against the spirit of the site at all and the difference between the author's language and your word-smithing is purely editorial and unnecessary. Obviously you don't know right now what you might need in the future. That's implicit and doesn't require a mouthful of verbiage to enlighten most people. And is quite apropos for Dappered, I'll add. You may not need a blazer right now, but you should consider the fact that you may need one in the future (hence, the "just in case" bit, which you even included) so, given that fact, this is a deal you might not want to pass on. It was clear, concise, and well-aligned with the Dappered ethos.

Comment

I didn't really "NEED" this jacket, but I was going to buy it today Until I discovered the code isn't good anymore. Nuts, I wish I hadn't waited.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

My jetsetter sportcoat just arrived. It's less bright, more navy than I'd expected from the photos, which is fine. The slim 38R fits me well (5'11", 155#), only a tiny bit snug in the chest, a little long in the sleeves.

I like it a lot. It will look good on me, if I ever go outside again.

Comment

Originally posted by RSA View Post
                  My jetsetter sportcoat just arrived. It's less bright, more navy than I'd expected from the photos, which is fine. The slim 38R fits me well (5'11", 155#), only a tiny bit snug in the chest, a little long in the sleeves.

I like it a lot. It will look good on me, if I ever go outside again.
                  We're close to the same size. FWIW, I always buy the 40 and have it tailored.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
                    We're close to the same size. FWIW, I always buy the 40 and have it tailored.
                    We're sized not too far from the models in the catalogs--but that doesn't mean things don't need tailoring. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X