The Bonobos Jetsetter Steal Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bonobos Jetsetter Steal Alert

Seriously guys, this one's the real deal. As long as a "modern width" lapel (bit under 3" for a 38R) doesn't bother you, these things are an absolutely SMOKIN deal for $130.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Looks like a great blazer for a great price. The only thing that gives me pause is the length; on Mark G., the blazer ends maybe a couple of inches short of the curve of his knuckles, where my blazers tend to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by RSA View Post
      Looks like a great blazer for a great price. The only thing that gives me pause is the length; on Mark G., the blazer ends maybe a couple of inches short of the curve of his knuckles, where my blazers tend to hit.
      Yeah I have not only a longer torso but also slightly gangly arms which tend to hang "forward" instead of straight down at my sides when i'm 100% relaxed (comes from all those years of being at the position of attention i suppose...body wants nothing to do with it unless necessary ) so it gives the impression the jacket is too short. it fully covers my meaty hindquarter.

Comment

going to take this time to point out this language in the article really bothers me:

Even if you don’t “need” a new blazer, you might want to grab one of these (especially if codes bring them under the $200 mark) “just in case”.

No one ever needs a blazer they don't need. That goes against everything the site stands for. If you really don't know, it's better to just save your money and spend it on something you're certain about. Maybe a better word choice would have been "if you don't know if you need a blazer, this blazer is high enough quality and an astounding enough deal you still need to heavily consider it" or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
          going to take this time to point out this language in the article really bothers me:

Even if you don’t “need” a new blazer, you might want to grab one of these (especially if codes bring them under the $200 mark) “just in case”.

No one ever needs a blazer they don't need. That goes against everything the site stands for. If you really don't know, it's better to just save your money and spend it on something you're certain about. Maybe a better word choice would have been "if you don't know if you need a blazer, this blazer is high enough quality and an astounding enough deal you still need to heavily consider it" or something like that

hy·per·bo·le
          /hīˈpərbəlē/
          Learn to pronounce
          noun
          exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I've just ordered it (same size, but I'm two inches shorter). The promo code is still good as of Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

No. Did anyone read that post and laugh? It's not a joke and its not hyperbole...its trying to influence a purchase which is everything dappered is against.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

No. Did anyone read that post and laugh? It's not a joke and its not hyperbole...its trying to influence a purchase which is everything dappered is against.

For the record sir, several people laughed.

And you don't seem to understand what affiliate links are for.....

Comment

Dappered may have affiliate links, but their MO is to not be pushy

Comment

I agree here ... I didn't think it was an attempt at a joke. I read it as too good of a deal to pass up. Buy regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                      I agree here ... I didn't think it was an attempt at a joke. I read it as too good of a deal to pass up. Buy regardless.
                      It's a good thing we're all adults who can make our own decisions

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                        It's a good thing we're all adults who can make our own decisions
                        Yes of course ... my point being I could see how someone could be conflicted by the message being sent.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                          Yes of course ... my point being I could see how someone could be conflicted by the message being sent.
                          I know, and I shouldn't be snarky. I just didn't want the thread to devolve into an argument.

It's an interesting discussion that probably could have it's own thread--Dappered is meant as a resource for "affordably" dressing well, but it probably prompts most of us (well, me at least) to spend more than we need, because who can pass up a great deal?

It's like modern food--awesome, if you're fit, naturally slim, and/or disciplined, because all kinds of food are readily and cheaply available, but most people just get fat. If you have patience and discipline, you can use Dappered to build the wardrobe you want at a fraction of the typical cost. But most people, like me, probably end up with a bunch of stuff that's kind of cool but not exactly what they need, and therefore destined for eBay or Goodwill

Comment

This whole thing reminds me of that old State Farm commercial where they say "you can't believe everything you read on the internet".

I read the article and didn't feel pressured to buy the blazer even though the writer said it was a "full-on no-brainer." Why didn't I feel the need to buy it? Because I'm a grown up who isn't going to buy something I don't need or want just because someone on the internet told me to. Then again I'm also not eating Tide Pods, but maybe that's just me

Comment

I read the article and the post. I took it as I take most things here: One man's opinion.

Yes he is enthusiastic about it but realistically any article written or post promoting an item here is designed not just to educate but to present it as an opportunity to buy it.

I use the info I get here as part of the process but I don't let others make the choice for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X