Express Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Express Suits

Does anyone have experience with suits from Express? They're reasonably priced and you can get a nice slim cut. I'm just wondering how they hold up. I have a couple Suit Supply suits right now but I'm not thrilled with the European fit.

Express suiting is typical fast fashion design and quality. Unless things have changed, their jackets are typical far too short, lapels too skinny, and trousers too low rise for even a good moderate look. All their jackets are of fused design and offer few design features although this is consistent with their pricing model. Many stores and readily accessible online options offer appropriate fit styles if you look carefully

Comment

i had one from my early dappered days, just donated it. to save you time...absolutely don't. suitsupply has more fits for whatever youre looking for, just ask. but i am confused that you are looking for a slim fit but suitsupply is "too european" which means slim

Comment

id look at suit supply or spier and mackay.

Comment

I used to buy the Express 1MX shirts for the same reasons you list above, they were reasonably priced and the fit was excellent right off the rack. The trouble was, after about two washes (or dry cleanings which was recommended on the tag), the shirt started falling apart/bubbling from all the fusing etc. If you did wash it at home, good luck getting the wrinkles out, total nightmare. So while the fit, the style, and the price were all on point, the quality was atrocious.

Admittedly, I've never bought a suit from Express, but I'd venture to bet that the suit quality is similarly sub-par (especially with anything that says stretch...stretch not good for suits). It might look and feel great off the rack, but it's not going to last. Which, is OK so long as you know that going in! As others have said, I think you'd be much better off with a Spier and Mackay suit. Assuming you're buying the Express suit on sale (never pay full price for fast fashion) you might be looking at around the 200 mark. If you wait for a Spier sale https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/all-sale/suits.html, you'd be looking at around $250 for a base level suit. You won't regret spending that extra $50 bucks.

Comment

I am wondering what Express shirts are?

Comment

Taking a quick look at the suits offered on Express' website, most of them (if not all) seem to be made of cloth that includes polyester or even spandex. This makes for a terrible suit, as it's much less breathable, doesn't flow naturally and will look bad over time. Definitely a sign of low quality (but that should also be obvious from the price).

Comment

To echo what others are already saying: absolutely do not entertain a suit, or really anything, from Express. I purchased from Express a lot when I was first building my wardrobe for the same reasons you're considering it: the price. But their clothes are terrible. The suit is feels gross because it's all polyester and stiff. The shirts fit great on first wear but will quickly deteriorate. I understand budget constraints but you're better off saving for S&M. They've been running a lot of sales lately so it's even more accessible than before. Moreover, the price difference between an Express suit and a Spier & Mackay suit on sale is only about $100. That extra $100 for S&M will go much further than going cheap in the short term.

Comment

Working...
                X