Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garryowen47
    replied
    I really hate to report that I haven't worn my AE Dalton's as much as I was planning to when I purchased them. I think the walnut is more difficult to pair with my winter wardrobe so I should have gone with the coffee when they were unloading that color. I'm also not keen on the sizing; I ordered my regular size (10.5D) but they seem a little loose around the ankle. But I'm not sure if it's an actual problem that could be resolved by sizing down or if it's just the structure of the boot. Either way, hopefully I'll find some inspired outfits to pair them with by autumn / winter.
    Last edited by garryowen47; April 6, 2020, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• melsei
    replied
    Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
    Colorful shorts and pants, like bright greens, pink, yellows. Used to wear them often, but I reach for navy’s and khakis much more often now. It’s just much easier to put and outfit together with the normal colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• mhip
    replied
    I had a few pairs of Italian shoes, especially one pair of Del Toro's, that were just off fit wise from my normal fit that sat for over a year.
    Then I discovered home stretchers...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Charles
    replied
    Hats... specifically fedoras. I have a few real ones, (vintage, fur felt, etc) and love them. However the social stigma just got to be too much. Fat neck-beards have ruined them. Maybe as I get older and give fewer f$%#s I'll start wearing them again.

Leave a comment:

• motosacto
    replied
    Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
    I love my filson briefcase. Have had it for a couple years now and still love carrying it every day. For work trips, I would love to get the matching carry-on suitcase to go with it, but I can't justify the money for another carry-on sized suitcase.

For what it is worth, I have a Filson wheeled carry on in tan. I have taken it on about 700,000 miles worth of flights. It is just getting broken in.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    I love my filson briefcase. Have had it for a couple years now and still love carrying it every day. For work trips, I would love to get the matching carry-on suitcase to go with it, but I can't justify the money for another carry-on sized suitcase.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    Me too, and I'll bet this is the case for many people here.

Also, I bought a green Filson standard briefcase a couple of years ago and I've barely used it after the first month or two, despite it having been something I wanted very badly for a couple of years before I got it. I have a green Filson tote that I use all the time as a carry-on bag or to haul stuff for the kids, and I have Filson's discontinued and horribly misnamed "tablet briefcase", also in green, which is my daily work bag. The standard briefcase was supposed to replace my beloved J. Crew Abingdon bag, but it never quite clicked for me.
    I have a Filson bag you'd use for work daily as well which just sits in my closet. I don't like the fact that the zippers can scratch up my watches. Also, I usually leave my laptop at work. I also have a Filson bag which is sort of a duffle that I use as a carry on for all short trips. That one was money well spent.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR
    replied
    Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
    Main thing for me is probably my house slippers. My home is mostly covered in tile and laminate, my heels were killing me so I bought house slippers thinking it would help. They didnt really help much, and I abandoned them.
    I have the same issue and wear wool clogs with a cork foot-bed, exclusively, now. I prefer Stegmann, but there are other options at a lower price point as well.

Leave a comment:

• bassopotamus
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    This probably falls outside most guy's perception of what "dappered" is but I periodically get into moods where I think I'm going to get into jewelry (rings, bracelets, pendants, earrings - why not, I've already got the piercings, might as well use em, right?) and wear lots of jewelry for a while but I almost always get tired of it and revert back to no jewelry except a watch.
    I'm pretty much the same way. I still wear a couple 10g captive bead stainless rings, but that's about it. I occasionally get bracelets and such (just leather, or like stone beads) but never really wear them.

Also hats. I really want to be a hat guy, but I look bad in hats.

Leave a comment:

• whereismurder
    replied
    Main thing for me is probably my house slippers. My home is mostly covered in tile and laminate, my heels were killing me so I bought house slippers thinking it would help. They didnt really help much, and I abandoned them.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post

Also, I bought a green Filson standard briefcase a couple of years ago and I've barely used it after the first month or two, despite it having been something I wanted very badly for a couple of years before I got it I have a green Filson tote that I use all the time as a carry-on bag or to haul stuff for the kids, and I have Filson's discontinued and horribly misnamed "tablet briefcase", also in green, which is my daily work bag. The standard briefcase was supposed to replace my beloved J. Crew Abingdon bag, but it never quite clicked for me.
    I love my Filson tote. Replaced my ugly work backpack.

My sport coats get no play though they never really received much when I had to dress up more. Wear into work then hung up, only to be worn again when I was going home.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    my blazers and ties are just sitting in the closet, lonely and bored for the same reasons.

Also, I bought a green Filson standard briefcase a couple of years ago and I've barely used it after the first month or two, despite it having been something I wanted very badly for a couple of years before I got it. I have a green Filson tote that I use all the time as a carry-on bag or to haul stuff for the kids, and I have Filson's discontinued and horribly misnamed "tablet briefcase", also in green, which is my daily work bag. The standard briefcase was supposed to replace my beloved J. Crew Abingdon bag, but it never quite clicked for me.
    Last edited by facelessghost; March 4, 2020, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
    I find myself wearing my blazers very infrequently these days. My office has also gotten more casual over the years. Though I still largely wear the same wardrobe (chinos/sometimes jeans with button down shirts), I find I often just throw a sweater over them, instead of going full blazer. I will wear them on occasion now, but they largely just hang in my closet.
    my blazers and ties are just sitting in the closet, lonely and bored for the same reasons.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    I find myself wearing my blazers very infrequently these days. My office has also gotten more casual over the years. Though I still largely wear the same wardrobe (chinos/sometimes jeans with button down shirts), I find I often just throw a sweater over them, instead of going full blazer. I will wear them on occasion now, but they largely just hang in my closet.

Leave a comment:

• blan2819
    replied
    Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
    Colorful shorts and pants, like bright greens, pink, yellows. Used to wear them often, but I reach for navy’s and khakis much more often now. It’s just much easier to put and outfit together with the normal colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Colorful pants and shorts for sure. I used to have almost every color but it’s much less practical now. “Preppy”/fun for sure, harder to pair consistently with outfits when a navy or khaki, or other earth tone will do.

With pocket squares - I used to have several pattens and designs, but now I only have 3 white ones. Whenever I’d want to wear a colorful one, nothing beat the crisp white look of a white one. While the colors garnered more compliments, the white straight fold is just classic and consistent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X