Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Problem with Allen Edmonds--or is a problem with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] are those all just yours? How do you know what shoes are in what bags?
    My solution for shoe bags

You can get them on amazon for a few dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mebejoseph; February 18, 2020, 06:33 PM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
      I'm happy to photograph any Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling you'd like to see in-person this summer.

I can also swang by Carmina in April if you want in-person photos of something there...I'm going to get sized on various lasts as that's my next step in RTW provided something works well for me.
      Thank you.

I think sizing is going to be an issue when I'm spending $600 to $1,500 on a pair of shoes. I don't want to risk them not fitting well.

I am going to need to seek out places I can try before I buy. I keep telling my wife we will go to London and Paris "soon," so maybe this will provide the extra motivation I need.

And it's about time this year for a visit to family in the NYC metro area. I can plan for a few hours to stop by Carmina and St. Crispin retailers there.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        Thank you.

I think sizing is going to be an issue when I'm spending $600 to $1,500 on a pair of shoes. I don't want to risk them not fitting well.

I am going to need to seek out places I can try before I buy. I keep telling my wife we will go to London and Paris "soon," so maybe this will provide the extra motivation I need.

And it's about time this year for a visit to family in the NYC metro area. I can plan for a few hours to stop by Carmina and St. Crispin retailers there.
        I hear April is nice.
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Thank you.

Have you heard of Gentleman's Footwear in San Diego? They carry a line of Carmina, EG, StC, etc. for you to try.

Comment

Thank you.

Yeah you’re exactly right that sizing is the big thing to get right. If you’re ever in San Diego, Gentlemen’s Footwear carries a bunch of nice brands (Alden, Carmina, EG, Zonkey Boot) and they have fantastic service. In NYC you have leffot which is one of the only US stockists for StC, and Carmina, Crockett & Jones, gaziano, and John Lobb all have their own stores. A lot of places that used to carry either closed down (Barneys) or stopped doing so (Paul Stuart, BB).
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
              Have you heard of Gentleman's Footwear in San Diego? They carry a line of Carmina, EG, StC, etc. for you to try.
              Originally posted by Token View Post
              Yeah you’re exactly right that sizing is the big thing to get right. If you’re ever in San Diego, Gentlemen’s Footwear carries a bunch of nice brands (Alden, Carmina, EG, Zonkey Boot) and they have fantastic service. In NYC you have leffot which is one of the only US stockists for StC, and Carmina, Crockett & Jones, gaziano, and John Lobb all have their own stores. A lot of places that used to carry either closed down (Barneys) or stopped doing so (Paul Stuart, BB).
              Yes, thank you for the reminder. We do visit friends in San Diego once or twice a year, and it's been some time. I think a visit is in order soon.

Comment

That's exactly the line I'll be giving Mrs. Horseyhead this summer in London.

She doesn't know I'm heading to NYC for my first measurements with Clevlerley a few months ahead of time, to *HOPEFULLY* have the lasts done and maybe a trial pair ready to go when we get there in July.
                This is devious, but acceptable. Make sure she gets to buy something in London too. I know my wife will be popping into Burberry after I go to G&G when we go :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
                  This is devious, but acceptable. Make sure she gets to buy something in London too. I know my wife will be popping into Burberry after I go to G&G when we go :P
                  Private day at a retro/pinup style boutique already booked. Plus a day at british museum looking at mummies and sunrise at Stonehenge inside the stone circle. Way ahead of ya.

Comment

Private day at a retro/pinup style boutique already booked. Plus a day at british museum looking at mummies and sunrise at Stonehenge inside the stone circle. Way ahead of ya.
                    You know, only one of those things sounds wife-specific, I think you're getting the better end of the deal here

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
                      You know, only one of those things sounds wife-specific, I think you're getting the better end of the deal here

Comment

[MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] that is a pretty awesome looking closet space you have there. Next up. A room for your watches!

Comment

How are you so connected that you get special access to Stonehenge? For the second time if I remember correctly.

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you," is an acceptable answer.

Comment

How are you so connected that you get special access to Stonehenge? For the second time if I remember correctly.

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you," is an acceptable answer.
                            Good at my job.

Comment

I work too much. Then I drink too much. Then I buy too many shoes.
                              Seriously, good self awareness!

Comment

Working...
                              X