Too long bow-tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too long bow-tie

For Christmas my sophomore year I got a Set of 3 bow ties that are self tied from my uncle. This is now my senior year and I now know more about the rules of menswear and I've come to realize the bowties are slightly too long. They are adjustable and I adjusted it to the smallest neck size and they are still too long. These bow ties are cheap when I looked up the brand. Is there anyway I could get them shortened?
    Last edited by Eeh5335; February 11, 2020, 09:58 AM.

I’m assuming you could easily fold over some of the strand behind the neck and through a simple stitch through it all. It should be covered by the collar.

Comment

What size is your neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeh5335 View Post
        For Christmas my sophomore year I got a Set of 3 bow ties that are self tied from my uncle. This is now my senior year and I now know more about the rules of menswear and I've come to realize the bowties are slightly too long. They are adjustable and I adjusted it to the smallest neck size and they are still too long. These bow ties are cheap when I looked up the brand. Is there anyway I could get them shortened?
        you can use a couple very very small safety pins.

Comment

if the bowties are a 'cheap brand' as you say, it's probably going to be much more than they cost to fix them.

Comment

Is it adjustable with a slider or does it use the little "T" hooks? If the latter, maybe you can add another slot to further shorten the tie.

Comment

15.5-16

Comment

Deadlifts, shrugs, and neck bridges, brah. Grow into them. A good yoke is a great place to hang a lightly structured to unstructured jacket or sportcoat. Bonus: time to hit up Charles Tyrwhitt for a bundle of bigger shirts!

Comment

Working...
                X