Next Big Trend in Menswear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Big Trend in Menswear

So what is it going to be? I think the key in predicting the next big trend is to remember that clothing is a business and that trends are all about selling clothing. This has especially been emphasized lately with the pushing of accessories "to complete your look" and to focus on layering (i.e. buy more clothing). Also recently it seems designers are stressing adding more color into wardrobes otherwise meaning you don't just need a couple pairs of pants you need a pair of pants in every shade (i.e. buy more clothing). Lastly we seem to have fully investigated every possible new idea and thus must resort to bringing old trends back to life as exemplified by the constant fluctuation in lapel width, pant break, fedoras, and chucks. So now that we have fully revisited the 1960s is it time for a return to the ghastly 70s?

So what do you all think is the next big trend?

You're probably right that we will start seeing '70s influences in fashion eventually, but I think it will probably be a few years down the road. There is still quite a lot of life to be milked out of '60s fashion.

I think suit shapes will probably stay reasonably similar for the foreseeable future, but I think patterns that have been very trendy recently (plaids and checks) will start to fade and patterns that have been less popular (pinstripes) will start to come to the forefront. Seems like three-button suits are a trend on the rise, as well. All you really have to do is watch what the top designers are making, and it will eventually trickle down into mainstream clothing within a few years.

Ben

Comment

Triple breasted suits.

Comment

Black Lace up dress shoes with neon green & pink laces.

Or Shoes with "collars" that pop up... to go with the high tops laces undone, pants tucked in looks.

or maybe people once again wearing ball caps the correct way.

Comment

Triple monks.

Comment

triple monks are always in style!

Comment

I guess my vote would be towards subtle (if that is even possible) neon or bright loud colors. You are starting to see it on the soles of shoes and I could see it start to show up in a bunch more accessories like watch bands, shoe laces, belts, and pocket squares. I also see pinstripes making a comeback.

Comment

Hahaha.

Comment

Potential?

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq...cro-trend.html

Comment

Random aside on GQ - anyone else receive this month's issue? Kate Uptonnnnn. good lord.

Comment

@hornsup84 Haven't received it yet, but saw the various features on GQ's website. Daaaaaamn.

Comment

I would check out the pics, but my daughter is sitting in my lap.

Comment

Haven't received the magazine yet. just downloaded it on my ipad though..

Hot Dammnnnnnnn

Comment

@AJ25 -- sorry to ruin your thread with Kate. But she'd be the next menswear trend if we could swing it.

I sort of like where things were trend-wise about a year ago in NYC. Some colors showing up, guys doing a bit more with suits/tailoring/socks, but not too much craziness. I feel like runway fashion is starting to go mainstream a little too literally, at least in the city and people are putting costumes on more than developing their own style and integrating new things into it. Also I personally cannot stand the guy tank top trend; just think it looks terrible, unless you're actually at the beach/lake/etc. then to each his own.

Comment

No worries. I am the last one that to complain about that woman. Modern day Marilyn Monroe. I wonder if she can sing Happy Birthday just as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X