Bauhaus style, but I’m broke and have very specific Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bauhaus style, but I’m broke and have very specific Needs

Any recs, or opinions on this style? I don’t know if it’s undiagnosed adhd or dyslexia or a combination that makes it very hard for me to read anything more cluttered.
    Or has less Arabic numerals.
    Or has less contrast. (Partial colorblind, yay)

Oh and I have around $150.

I know the rodina was reviewed here but I’m also wondering about the kind of noise it makes. My wife can’t stand the repetitive noise of timex(otherwise this would of been a simpler choice).

Not necessarily looking for as dressy a watch that bauhaus is considered, a well recommended pilot style could work.

Thanks all

That Rodina looks very nice.

Have you looked at Skagen? They're minimalist. I bought one a few months ago for a shockingly low price, like $60 or something. I'm not a watch snob. Just give me something that's nice-looking and keeps good time.

Comment

Skagen is a second. Armogan is another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear these recs! I’ll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by SFe Guy View Post
          Have you looked at Skagen?
          I definitely have a few of these and they've been very good cheap watches. They're up there with my favorite invictas.

also great for your style is a few Stuhrling models maybe around $60 or $50. i think i have a 555A brown, and a different black configuration.

The Stuhrlings are kind of cheap and dirty, $55 or so but the one I have had a Crystal glass, and a swiss quartz movement. I can't even find both of those for plenty of $200 watches. Not that the rest of them is especially nice or anything :-D

Comment

If I recall correctly the Rodina is an automatic so you wouldn't get the annoying ticking of the Timex Weekenders.

Comment

I have the Feice square and it's super nice and well made, even though it is pretty much an exact clone of a Nomos model.

Comment

I am not sure how much they cost where you are, but Dugena makes a Bauhaus model called Dessau ( the city where the Bauhaus school was). It is affordable German brand.

Comment

Hmm thoughts on what I’ve found so far?

Still liking the rodina I think as well...

Comment

For me, I like the last watch you have shown. The FANMIS

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      For me, I like the last watch you have shown. The FANMIS
                      Yeah I do like it the most, seems easier to read quickly in bright sunlight.

I don’t actually wear black often. I’m usually in brown, blue and grey. But it seems casual enough maybe I won’t care

Comment

The Fanmis is way overpriced, and it's technically a flieger, not Bauhaus style. You can get comparable watches if not the identical one on AliExpress for $20. Stuhrling is not much above that. I would stick with the Rodina, which is usually $99 on the official Seagull store, or the Feice. Both will havbe good Seagull movements and both are decent quality.

Comment

Here’s the thing: if you’re going to keep this watch, if you’re going to be a one watch guy, you need something you can repair. It needs to be fixable, and that requires at least a competent quartz movement, with a decent movement holder, to go with whatever styling you like. If you decide to go with mechanical, you also need something that can be repaired either from current parts or from something mass produced enough to create spare parts.

That’s if you’re going to be a one watch guy.

If you’ve gotten the bug, (corona virus reference) then it hardly matters, since this watch might end up in a drawer somewhere, and be discovered by archeologists in the far distant future, trying to figure out its place in the religious ceremony surrounding your life and death. (The use of quartz symbolizes the high frequency of the deceased in his efforts to change his style and use of Dappered religious imagery. Note the Charcoal color of the burial shroud, as at the time, no one would be caught ‘Dead’ in black. Ref. Dappered.com, Www.waybackmachine.com/dappered.com2020). You’ll end up with 20 more as your tastes change and your knowledge increases. You regret your first few watches, but that’s somewhat it takes to build a collection.
                          I still have some of my first few pieces, but most have gone by the wayside. Those that I’ve kept are repairable, and in good mend, so those repairs won’t be necessary until my son inherits them.

Comment

Ugh don't get a homage.

Nothing wrong with buying a cheap watch. Just don't get a homage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                              Ugh don't get a homage.

Nothing wrong with buying a cheap watch. Just don't get a homage.
                              Any non cluttered Arabic numbered recommendations that aren’t homages?

Comment

Working...
                              X