Trimming my watch collection, can’t decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m trimming my collection to two watches, not counting sentimental pieces. So far I have the following set as keepers. The Garmin is the sport one. I wore the cream seiko on my wedding day so it stays. That blue lagoon has been my blue mini grail for a long time. And then the Hamilton. If I had to go to one watch it would be this.

Now the question is, who gets number 5? This is where I am looking for input. The bull shark is unique and a great watch. But unsure on doubling up divers. The victorinox might be my dressiest watch but I don’t really need anything dressier than the Hamilton on its steel bracelet. And that citizen is just neat. But every situation I would wear it in, I could also wear the Hamilton instead.

So these go it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, all of the watches you're debating for the #5 spot don't offer anything unique compared to the other four.

I'd sell all three (along with the others in the last picture) and just roll with the top 4, or get a fifth watch that you really like and offers something different than the others.

Comment

I agree with [MENTION=3767]wsupjs[/MENTION]. You don’t seem to love any of the other options, so sell them to fund something that really strikes you.

Comment

You can just loan me your watches for a few years, and get them back when the separation becomes unbearable!

Comment

The Accutron II dive watch is in a little bit of demand by collectors, it’s not readily available new anymore.
          I also agree with the above. You don’t seem to have a classic dress watch. The Hamilton field watch is obviously a military style, so it doesn’t quite fill that niche. You could liquidate your remaining watches and get another to fill the slot, or sell the watch box too, get a smaller one, and not be tempted to fill that sucker with pieces you don’t wear/appreciate

Comment

I actually do love the bull shark, I am just hesitant about two divers in such a small rotation. I used to have a sarb033 as my dress watch and never wore it. I work from home and live a relatively active life style so I definitely lean casual.

The truth is, I am at a watch plateau right now. I have to make an effort to wear something other than my Garmin and Hamilton. My preferences have outgrown my budget for the foreseeable future. And while I am not specifically selling things for the purpose, any money from liquidation is going towards a down payment for an rv.

The fact that the only watch I defended was the bull shark kind of answered my question lol. Thanks fellas. I kind of want to keep that other Hamilton but it’s redundant with the seiko...unless I bench it as a “sentimental watch” and play the system lol.

A four watch rotation isn’t a bad idea. The bull shark is super hard to find so it’s tough to let go of.

Comment

Originally posted by tayloreuph View Post
              The Accutron II dive watch is in a little bit of demand by collectors, it’s not readily available new anymore.
              I also agree with the above. You don’t seem to have a classic dress watch. The Hamilton field watch is obviously a military style, so it doesn’t quite fill that niche. You could liquidate your remaining watches and get another to fill the slot, or sell the watch box too, get a smaller one, and not be tempted to fill that sucker with pieces you don’t wear/appreciate

Good to know about the accutron. If you know any shoppers, let me know. It’s hardly worn but I did brush the shiny coffin links so it’s not “pure”.

I do have a smaller watch roll but a smaller box is probably a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                You can just loan me your watches for a few years, and get them back when the separation becomes unbearable!
                Lol, I do that with my kids toys. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  Lol, I do that with my kids toys. It works.

So it works... Eh? I believe you already have my shipping address in your PM history..

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                    So it works... Eh? I believe you already have my shipping address in your PM history..
                    lol...be sure to check the mail every day.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                      Good to know about the accutron. If you know any shoppers, let me know. It’s hardly worn but I did brush the shiny coffin links so it’s not “pure”.

I do have a smaller watch roll but a smaller box is probably a good idea.

Watch You Seek has a forum for watch sales. There’s a threshold you have to pass via posting to be allowed to post pics and in the sales forum. EBay is also an option.

Comment

Cool. I have an established account on wus but haven’t been over there in a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X