Belt Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt Buckles

I am looking for some new belts and i have noticed that almost all dress belts have silver buckles. In the past I had always worn a brass belt buckle with brown, khaki and olive dress trousers. I wore silver buckles with black, gray and dark blue dress trousers. So does it really matter what color your buckle is?

No, other than arguably matching other jewelry and for formal dress. Since silver/grey metals are basically a neutral they can be worn with anything, and are more suitable for black tie.

For manufacturers and retailers, volume discounts are significant. Adding a different metal buckle cuts the size of each lot in half (which are already small due to the number of sizes), raising prices, so retailers take advantage when trends periodically make one or the other the dominant choice for accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Galcobar View Post
      No, other than arguably matching other jewelry and for formal dress. Since silver/grey metals are basically a neutral they can be worn with anything, and are more suitable for black tie.

For manufacturers and retailers, volume discounts are significant. Adding a different metal buckle cuts the size of each lot in half (which are already small due to the number of sizes), raising prices, so retailers take advantage when trends periodically make one or the other the dominant choice for accessories.
      No color buckle is suitable for black tie, otherwise you are correct.

Comment

Agreed with above. I just try to match accessories. I always wear silver because shoe buckles on monks and my watch/ ring are silvered color.

Comment

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
          X