X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by napaxton View Post
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion of Daniel Craig's non-007 turn as Benoit Blanc in Knives Out.

That. Tweed. Suit. I want it. Any ideas?

Chris Evans's sweater has gotten a lot of play, rightfully so, but Craig's suit should have gotten some too.
    So I saw the movie on the big screen this past weekend and Daniel Craig is indeed in a navy herringbone suit for pretty much the entire movie. I think on my computer monitor the resolution was not good enough to pick up on the suit's herringbone pattern. Not sure where the green tweed jacket plus tan trousers look from his character's movie poster came from but it doesn't appear in the movie.

I think the J Crew Moon Mills herringbone jacket in navy would be a near dead ringer for the suit Craig wears in the movie (here is Joe touting them 50% off code in 2017 https://dappered.com/2017/01/steal-a...tweed-blazers/). J Crew usually has that jacket every fall for like the past decade - usually in a grey herringbone and a navy herringbone, but sometimes brown too.

It used to be just the sport coat but last year they introduced matching trousers so you can turn it into a suit and that suit would pretty much look just like Craig's in Knives Out. J Crew appears to have a few left (sizes are spotty) - they don't call the blue navy on this year's model (they call it "fuzzy blue") and it may be a half shade to a shade lighter than the navy ones they've had in the past but still pretty close to the one in the movie. https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...ue-herringbone. If you happen to be a 41R or 36R or S you are in luck though as they currently have it for $50 off full retail (currently selling at $250) and the pants are on sale too for $140 so the suit could be yours for $390 assuming you fit into the sizes they have left. I might actually jump on it if they had the jacket in my size - they have the pants in my size but not the jacket.

Leave a comment:

• 77Pat
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I want the link because I read most of what goes on here and I have no recollection of this ever happening. Frankly I am skeptical that it did happen. Your refusal to provide a link and your snarky responses (surely you know that I get email notifications of your quote responses, and can still see deleted comments as a mod) certainly aren't helping to reduce my skepticism.
    Not bespoke, but remember this discussion: https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...-of-Style-suit

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    It does happen. This is a good group but it isn’t perfect. And as with any internet arena, blood in the water brings out the sharks. With that said, I’d rather be talking about tweed than witch hunts. Unless I get to wear a tweed hunting blazer. In which case, this is all still on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• abh159
    replied
    Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
    It cant be a surprise that posters can be dicks about some things here, I've been mocked and ridiculed for stuff too. I believe him #believeallhorseheads
    Ditto. I once asked for peacoat recommendations. That was followed up by being told 20-30 degrees was too warm for a peacoat and that I should just put a sweater on.

It didn't really bother me because at the end of the day who really cares what 1 or 2 people think, but I'm sure there are a number of negative or mocking responses that don't get moderated.

Leave a comment:

• whereismurder
    replied
    It cant be a surprise that posters can be dicks about some things here, I've been mocked and ridiculed for stuff too. I believe him #believeallhorseheads

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Whats done is done kiddo. No point trying to clean up something you missed months ago.
    I want the link because I read most of what goes on here and I have no recollection of this ever happening. Frankly I am skeptical that it did happen. Your refusal to provide a link and your snarky responses (surely you know that I get email notifications of your quote responses, and can still see deleted comments as a mod) certainly aren't helping to reduce my skepticism.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Can you link to where this happened?
    Whats done is done kiddo. No point trying to clean up something you missed months ago.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Last time i tried to bring it up I was ridiculed and bitched at because "that's not what the site is about" so fuck the haters. I'll expend my efforts elsewhere for those who appreciate it.
    Can you link to where this happened?

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied
    Last time i tried to bring it up I was ridiculed and bitched at because "that's not what the site is about" so fuck the haters. I'll expend my efforts elsewhere for those who appreciate it.
    Wow seriously? That’s depressing... add me to the list of people who’d be interested to hear about your experience.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by kongmw View Post
    Ahh I see. Would be great to see the process through the fittings if you don’t mind sharing it here. Don’t think we’ve had any bespoke threads here yet?

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied
    Is this MABxHSS by any chance? I’ve been waiting to see how that pans out, pricing-wise.
    Curious to see how that turns out too, struggling to see the niche it fills since you can always just go directly to MAB and get MTM which should be better than the presumably RTW xHSS collection. So unless it's meaningfully cheaper to account for that, has some exclusive fabrics or designs, or if you can't get to NYC I'm not really clear on the value proposition.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    No just going to NYC and being fitted.
    Ahh I see. Would be great to see the process through the fittings if you don’t mind sharing it here. Don’t think we’ve had any bespoke threads here yet?

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Is this MABxHSS by any chance? I’ve been waiting to see how that pans out, pricing-wise.
    No just going to NYC and being fitted.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    I'm holding out to splurge a tad with MAB but that's not really in the Dappered realm. You definitely get exactly what you want that route though.

Leave a comment:

• 77Pat
    replied
    Tweed, although more expensive. Believe the House Check is what was used for Lancelot in Kingsman. https://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/country-suits

Leave a comment:

Working...
X