Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6string View Post
    I always enjoyed the annual $1,500 wardrobe feature. There was a poll in November 2018 about whether to raise the limit, but that is the last time the feature was ever mentioned. I would be interested in seeing that back as an annual feature.
    I also really enjoy this one. Hopefully it makes a comeback for 2020.

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    They're also made in China and don't have anywhere CLOSE to the size range that AE does. People with narrow or wide feet can be quite screwed when it comes to GYW dress shoes. AE is one of the few brands they can rely on, and it's certainly one of the least expensive out there.

I'd like to see maybe the Cleverley, Lobb, G&G "ready to wear" line featured with Carmina, maybe in the "Professional" arena of the one outfit three price points deal.

I'd be happy to review any possible candidates from all four brands...guess I need to send someone an email.
    Ehh, Meermin is a solid choice and on par with AE in terms of quality. I think it's a great option for those with "standard" feet, even though they DO offer wide sizing.

Yeah, if you can get some Lobbs shipped to my house, that'd be great... lol. Not exactly in the "scope" of Dappered's price-conscious, value focus.

Originally posted by abh159 View Post
    Agree with this. I mentioned this on the prior thread in the fall, but I’d also like to see more style related or style alternative posts like the older days. Examples would be dopp kit essentials, how to organize your closet, the best leather lotions / shoe polishes, etc.

There used to be some of these but they are 4, 5, and 6 years old at this point.

Those of us that have followed the site for a while have an established wardrobe. I feel these sort of posts would help break up the monotony of reading about how the BR rapid movement jeans or the goodthreads ocbd is on sale for the 5000th time and would keep us interested.
    Sounds great.

Are you looking for new product reviews, IE: razors, face lotions, cologne, etc. or just "what every guy should have in a dopp kit"? The latter is kinda hard to nail down, as everyone's different.

I highlighted some of the shoe products in the last "Gift guide for the shoe guy" post. What did you think of that one?

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
    I thought when it first switched over, there was a link to continue discussions on a Facebook post (but then you need Facebook)
    I haven't seen that feature. I do see some Facebook commenters from time to time, but they're sparse. More frequently on IG. Are you on Reddit? Would a Reddit sub work for you?

Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
    I would like to see fewer online-only brands. I almost never shop online unless it is from a brand I already know. I am still very tied to brick and mortar because I want to know how things fit before I buy them. This eliminates my interest in amazon, spier and mckay, drop, Todd Snyder, Huckberry, Mr. Porter, etc. all which get heavy play here.
    While I definitely appreciate B+M stores, it's a lot harder to create content for people that may not have those locations near by. I actually really love Uniqlo clothing, even though their human rights issues aren't the best. The closest Uniqlo store is like 7 hours away, so I have to order online. Nordstrom is probably my favorite B+M store and they're local, but I'd still order online.

Originally posted by 6string View Post
    I think this is a great idea! I believe Patagonia is a pretty conscious brand in this area. The only problem is they aiming at the outdoor crowd rather than the dress for work crowd.
    Have you seen the Midtown Uniform IG page? It's literally finance or fintech guys in NYC wearing Patagucci vests on top of their dress shirts, ties, and slacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Ehh, Meermin is a solid choice and on par with AE in terms of quality. I think it's a great option for those with "standard" feet, even though they DO offer wide sizing.
      Theyre on par with AEs overseas-constructed stuff, but def not mainline. Trenton and Heath did a deconstruction and review and the corners they cut were......astonishing.

Yeah, if you can get some Lobbs shipped to my house, that'd be great... lol. Not exactly in the "scope" of Dappered's price-conscious, value focus.
      You know you can buy Lobb online and theyre not much more than AE right? Cleverley and Lobb can both be had in the 500ish dollar price range for their RTW line. Which is why i specified putting them in the "splurge" category of the one outfit three prices suggestion.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

You know you can buy Lobb online and theyre not much more than AE right? Cleverley and Lobb can both be had in the 500ish dollar price range for their RTW line.
        Where? For non rejects?

I've only seen top quality in that price range on discount sites and they will only have size 8 UK. Otherwise, it is always something stamped with "R" or some scammer trying to cover up the R with more leather.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
          Where? For non rejects?

I've only seen top quality in that price range on discount sites and they will only have size 8 UK. Otherwise, it is always something stamped with "R" or some scammer trying to cover up the R with more leather.
          Theyre very open about their rtw retailers. Porter is probably the biggest. But not the only one.

Comment

Theyre very open about their rtw retailers. Porter is probably the biggest. But not the only one.
            Do let us know when they are available for $500. After you get your size of course.

Comment

Theyre on par with AEs overseas-constructed stuff, but def not mainline. Trenton and Heath did a deconstruction and review and the corners they cut were......astonishing.

You know you can buy Lobb online and theyre not much more than AE right? Cleverley and Lobb can both be had in the 500ish dollar price range for their RTW line. Which is why i specified putting them in the "splurge" category of the one outfit three prices suggestion.
              I haven't seen that before, I'll have to watch it.

I don't want Lobb! I'm an Alden man!

Comment

Do let us know when they are available for $500. After you get your size of course.
                Does it have to be 500 exactly, or would cleverley for 375-450 also be acceptable?

As for sizing your freakass feet arent my problem. Get surgery or stop whining

Comment

As for sizing your freakass feet arent my problem. Get surgery or stop whining
                  I read about that but it said the most one could safely do without lifelong debilitating pain was one size. Idk though, no pain no gain right?

Comment

I read about that but it said the most one could safely do without lifelong debilitating pain was one size. Idk though, no pain no gain right?
                    Size and a haf if you're froggy.

All kidding aside i definitely feel your pain. I want alden indys sooooo damn bad but they dont make them for my b width feet. They have some crappy b/d sizing thats actually a d width but claim "should fit fine" and I'm swimming.

But if i can help any fellas out i can, I will....and porter has some SMOKIN cleverley deals at the moment in their kingsman line.

Comment

While I definitely appreciate B+M stores, it's a lot harder to create content for people that may not have those locations near by. I actually really love Uniqlo clothing, even though their human rights issues aren't the best. The closest Uniqlo store is like 7 hours away, so I have to order online. Nordstrom is probably my favorite B+M store and they're local, but I'd still order online.
                      On average I would say MOST people are within striking distance of a BR, J Crew, Macys, Dillards, Express, Abercrombie (they have apparently stepped up recently), Gap, Old Navy, H&M, Target, and have access to department store brands like Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Levis, Izod, etc. Some get coverage, but some I have never seen. Even sporting goods stores have brands like Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, and North Face. This site has recently had a rash of athletic wear but only target and amazon for some reason.

Other b&m which might not be everyone but most have access to are places like brooks brothers, true religion, zara, urban outfitters, oris, vineyard vines, etc.

Like there are a lot of places and brands I never see on this site which are go to's for most of America.

Comment

Sounds great.

Are you looking for new product reviews, IE: razors, face lotions, cologne, etc. or just "what every guy should have in a dopp kit"? The latter is kinda hard to nail down, as everyone's different.

I highlighted some of the shoe products in the last "Gift guide for the shoe guy" post. What did you think of that one?
                        I really enjoyed all of the gift guides. It was nice to see that sort of variety (non-sale posts) on the main page. I just wish it would happen more than once a year. I also enjoy reading the "dappered space" posts as well when they make an appearance.

By no means do I want this to turn into a full on "lifestyle" blog. I have no interest in reading about the hottest new mocktail trends or the top 10 travel destinations of 2020, but reading about how the same items are on sale again and again and again..... I get that is the core function of the site and what it was made for, but it gets fairly repetitive after a short time.

I would love to see the occasional non-style review (razor, duffel bag, etc.) That being said I understand those sort of products would have to be used to be reviewed and therefore couldn't be returned like a lot of the clothing/shoes that gets reviewed.

Maybe even seeing what someone (a reader or contributor) who travels each week for work thinks is necessary to pack on trips or even the best ways to pack a bag. I feel these would be somewhat relevant and entertaining since most of us who follow the site probably have similar interests.

Comment

A few posts on how to tailor various clothing items!

Comment

Maybe some more international content?

I realise it is a US focussed site and have no problem with that. Being in the EU I just ignore the sales links and articles on certain brands and can still enjoy most of the other articles.

That said I always like the product reviews, even when the brands are not available here. e.g. Amazon Peak Velocity, Spier and Mackay etc but I would like to see more of a comparison to other similar brands that are.

Examples of brands I'd like to see more of for reviews or comparison are Loake and Barbour as they're more easily available over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Arête View Post
                              A few posts on how to tailor various clothing items!
                              Pretty simple, here's the list of supplies:
                              seam ripper
                              needle
                              thread
                              "chutzpah"

Comment

Pretty simple, here's the list of supplies:
                                seam ripper
                                needle
                                thread