Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your nitpicking/ dislikes about today's menswear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77Pat
    replied
    Originally posted by tayloreuph View Post
    Tight calves in pant legs. Having to pull your ankles down when transitioning from sitting to standing often is a drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. Even Spier and Mackay contemporary fit are a bit tight (unless I size up extra in the waist).

Leave a comment:

• harmeba
    replied
    Agree with everything that has been said so far

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tayloreuph
    replied
    Tight calves in pant legs. Having to pull your ankles down when transitioning from sitting to standing often is a drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Exclusion of chest pocket in a design where there should be one.

Leave a comment:

• What are some of your nitpicking/ dislikes about today's menswear?

-Overcoat/Topcoat/Car Coat, etc. - Can't stand when they don't have a center vent in the rear, bottom of the coat. That vent just gives me a nice ease-of-movement, especially when getting in and out of a taxi, riding the subway everyday.

Jackets (other) - Coats that don't contain side/slant pockets (only patch pockets). This drives me nuts, especially when the patch pockets are up too high. I will not purchase outerwear if it doesn't have side/slant pockets.

- The hidden buttons trend - The overcoat, rain jacket, etc. with buttons hidden behind a placket. Lots of people like this, not me. I like buttons, especially wen the button gives a nice contrast.

- Velcro - I can't stand it. Numerous times I have come across a nice looking minimalist down coat that I would of purchased but the sleeve cuffs had Velcro? I want buttons.

- Truth in Advertising - In America, the Textile Fiber Products Identification Act requires that clothing labels list the generic names and percentages by weight of the fibers present in the product. Well, that is fine and dandy if I am shopping at a brick-n-mortar and can visually see the label. What about online/eCommerce, guess the rules don't apply? Too often, the online description only indicates 'wool mix'? I want to know the exact details of the fibers. It is a PITA to have to start a chat session or call Customer Care to find out. Banana Republic does a god job listing the fabric details. J.Crew? NOPE, they be hiding that.

What are your gripes....rational or irrational?
Working...
X