Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Dappered items did Santa Bring you for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa got me two odd things. A puma long sleeve crew neck t shirt, which is the right size and fits nice, and whatever brand size XL quarter zip sweater (when I am a medium slim fit in most brands, and can sometimes wear a small if it's a vanity sized brand). So at least one item is usable.

Comment

The Dappered-related gift I gave to myself was to do a complete Marie Kondo of my whole house in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

So now I have, among other things, a clean and organized closet full of only things I like to wear.
      Ben

Comment

Spier & MacKay Sport Coat, Sunspel Sweater, J.Crew Sweater, Nordstrom OCBD, Uniqlo T-Shirts, Nike Golf Shoes
        Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Didn’t really receive or buy much of anything for Christmas. My family does a $50 secret Santa exchange (which is GREAT, no more wasting money on bazillions of gifts and receiving all kinds of unwanted junk to clutter my house). My secret Santa got me some bakeware for my baking hobby. And I didn’t really buy anything for myself as I wrote above.

BUT I have done a bit of post-Christmas shopping after taking stock of what I’ve got left after my recent KonMari cleanout. “Santa” (aka... me) just ordered 6 new Brooks Bros shirts to refresh my dress shirt wardrobe. I got rid of most of my S&M shirts as they no longer fit (thanks, gym + pizza), and I find myself reaching for my non-iron BB shirts most days anyway.

Also decided to take a gamble on an S&M peacoat at 25% off even though the one I got a year or so ago was FAR too small (I nearly ripped a 36R just pulling it on even though I wear 36R contemporary in their suits and jackets and my recollection is that they claimed you could wear your regular size OVER a suit jacket). Hoping I got the sizing right this time, and if not, maybe USPS will actually process my return instead of inexplicably delivering my return back to me (for Pete’s sake ).

In the category of Dappered Space purchases, I bought my first houseplant ever (a pothos/devil’s ivy with a nice crackled glaze pot) and finally upgraded my old thrifted Kitchenaid kettle to the Le Creuset version I’ve been eyeing for several years now.

Ben

Comment

Pendleton glacier throw. Ive been wanting a nice blanket like this for a while, and it is quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              The Dappered-related gift I gave to myself was to do a complete Marie Kondo of my whole house in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

So now I have, among other things, a clean and organized closet full of only things I like to wear.
              I could seriously use that too. How often do you usually do your full clean/reorganization?

Comment

Girlfriend got me an unstructured sport coat from Bonobos. I'm looking forward to getting some use out of it.

Comment

I got a flannel shirt from REI which is actually quite nice. Also I do most of the cooking in the family and got some nice roasting pans...you know the old saw about the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Well, in my experience it applies to women too. I need to start a Marie Kondo project of my own for sure.
                  “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X