Shoe Trees/ Boot trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe Trees/ Boot trees

So I have been accumulating shoe trees for my growing shoe collection.

I realize that I have not given consideration to my boots.

Do you guys use trees for your boots and if so do you use special boot trees or just shoe trees with a knob to facilitate their removal?

I have been using shoe trees in boots. Mainly because I didn't know what else to do.

Comment

I've just used standard woodlore (AE) shoe trees for boots.

Though in fairness they only *JUST* recently started offering actual boot trees.

Not sure if i'd rock em or not. Standard shoe trees seem to be doing fine so far.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

No need to use boot trees as long as they’re shorter boots. If you have boots that go up to your calf then you might need some extra support.
        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          I've just used standard woodlore (AE) shoe trees for boots.

Though in fairness they only *JUST* recently started offering actual boot trees.

Not sure if i'd rock em or not. Standard shoe trees seem to be doing fine so far.
          Yeah I like the Woodlore Ultra with the knobs. Just have to wait for the next sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
            Yeah I like the Woodlore Ultra with the knobs. Just have to wait for the next sale.
            AE has most of their trees 2 for $50 right now. And unlike their shoe bags included with shoes now, that's 2 PAIRS of trees.

(it's a very well-beaten dead horse in the AE thread on SF regarding the fact they only include one large bag with shoes now, meaning the shoes can still knock around against each other which is the whole point of having one bag for each shoe)
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I absolutely use trees with my boots. More so than shoes because I'm more likely to be wearing boots in inclement weather. Standard trees though.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                AE has most of their trees 2 for $50 right now. And unlike their shoe bags included with shoes now, that's 2 PAIRS of trees.

(it's a very well-beaten dead horse in the AE thread on SF regarding the fact they only include one large bag with shoes now, meaning the shoes can still knock around against each other which is the whole point of having one bag for each shoe)
                Thanks for the heads up but I like the split toe with the knobs and AE doesn't seem to have that combination.

Yeah 1 bag instead of two is a silly way to cut costs. At least they got 1, I had zippo on my last AE purchase.

Comment

What about chukkas? I can’t figure out how to keep the upper of my Clarke’s in good shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                    So I have been accumulating shoe trees for my growing shoe collection.

I realize that I have not given consideration to my boots.

Do you guys use trees for your boots and if so do you use special boot trees or just shoe trees with a knob to facilitate their removal?
                    Yes.
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

To elaborate: I have some of each and some boots I use one and some boots others. I do have a pair of almost knee high costume/pirate type boots that I use neither with--but because I want them to maintain their shape, and I wear them maybe twice or thrice a year, I stuff them with old undershirts.

As far as nice shoes, I'm not sure it makes much of a difference as long as your boots are maintaining their shape.

Indeed, I've never been convinced that shoe trees make a difference at all, although I have been using them religiously ever since I started collecting nicer shoes.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Working...
                      X