Word Trip Wardrobe Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word Trip Wardrobe Recommendations

I'm going to Cape Girardeau, Missouri for three to four weeks in late January for a work trip. If any fellow dappered members are from the area, what items of clothing should I look out for(shoes and coat)? I will primarily be in an office with occasional quick walks to the courthouse from nearby office space. Also, I'm from the south so I'm not experienced with swings in weather in the Midwest.

I still want to look dapper though. So how do I dress appropriately for the weather and still look smart casual?

Thanks!
    Last edited by merija01; December 16, 2019, 08:44 PM.

weather this week in the cape is ranging from lows in the mid 20s to highs in the mid 50s, upward of 58 on tuesday (predicted).

January should be colder, to be sure. Plan for 20s and 30s.

If you don't have a warm topcoat or duffle coat in your wardrobe, recommend a few sweaters to rotate out in between your shirt and suit/sport jacket.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Why not buy something local when you arrive? That’s usually the recommendation, no packing and also no wondering if you packed warm enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by merija01 View Post
        I'm going to Cape Girardeau, Missouri for three to four weeks in late January for a work trip. If any fellow dappered members are from the area, what items of clothing should I look out for(shoes and coat)? I will primarily be in an office with occasional quick walks to the courthouse from nearby office space. Also, I'm from the south so I'm not experienced with swings in weather in the Midwest.

I still want to look dapper though. So how do I MyColes dress appropriately for the weather and still look smart casual?

Thanks!
        I have also faced similar issue. Didn't able to fix the issue.
        Last edited by pelreini; December 21, 2019, 08:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Long time lurker - first time poster.

I am an alumnus of Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau. Weather in Cape during late January into February can be quite wintry and not uncommon to see
          a significant snowfall. One year there in March we had a 2 footer!! Would be wise to check weather forecasts before your trip.

As far as dress - I haven't been to Cape in a number of years but assuming its still like most (all) of Southeast Missouri - anything you wear a level above sweat pants or camo will likely put you in the "dappered" category.

Comment

Working...
          X