Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothing article/shoe that you struggle with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abh159 View Post
    . Lately I've started to realize that when I find something I really like or that fits really well I actually wear it less often than my other clothes because I don't want to wear it out or ruin it by wearing it too frequently. I find myself "saving it for a special occasion" even thought that occasion never really arises.
    I used to do that. Now, because I work from home, I treat every time I leave the house as a special occasion and I try to wear at least one thing I love.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by Pesape View Post
      I do too. Sometimes, I'll default to Sperry's if I want to be at least somewhat put together, but I'm not a huge fan of that luck. Other times, I'll just wear my rainbow sandals. If it's "athletic" type shirt plus shirts, I'll end up with my old retro looking Nike running shoes, but that can look sloppy too.
      Yeah I might break down and do Sperrys this Spring. The thing about shoes with shorts is it always feels like I'm going for the least bad option whereas with pants I truly like my options.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        I used to do that. Now, because I work from home, I treat every time I leave the house as a special occasion and I try to wear at least one thing I love.
        While I don't work from home, since I wear a uniform at work, I'm the same when going out.

I'm heading on a thrift run Monday (ironically we've been told to "work from home" by the commander ) to hopefully help someone else put to use a bunch of stuff I've accepted I don't/won't wear anymore. My last JAB suit is in there, a charcoal I've been holding out with for far too long. Now that I'm going to C&D in July for quite possibly a "rest of my life" dark gray suit, I can get rid of it.
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by abh159 View Post
          My struggle is less with a single item and more so with my wardrobe as a whole. I have what I would say is a decent amount of clothes. Not to the point of being overwhelming but definitely enough to be able to go 3-4 weeks without doing laundry if I absolutely had to.

However, I find myself really only wearing 15-20% of what I have week in and week out, washing it on the weekends, and repeating the cycle the next week. Lately I've started to realize that when I find something I really like or that fits really well I actually wear it less often than my other clothes because I don't want to wear it out or ruin it by wearing it too frequently. I find myself "saving it for a special occasion" even thought that occasion never really arises.

This is mainly just with pants, shirts, sweaters, etc. Not so much with suits or sport coats, but it got me thinking.... Does anyone else have this problem?
          Can't say I do. I tend to be a bargain shopper, and probably 90% of my wardrobe consists of JCrew, Banana Republic, and Allen Edmonds, all purchased at big sale times. If I like something, I wear the shit out of it, because I know I can buy a replacement for $30 (shoes excepted).

My issue is the opposite - not wearing things in favor of my staple favorites.

Comment

Working...
          X