Spier and Mackay full canvas suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spier and Mackay full canvas suits

So this is a thing now: https://www.spierandmackay.com/john-...litan-cut.html

They also have it in navy. Or will have it...looks like these are both pre-order.

It looks pretty swanky. They've added all of the bells and whistles in addition to it being full canvas - spalla camicia shoulders, Milanese buttonhole, unfinished sleeves, side tab trousers, mud flaps, underbody coating, chrome wheels...everything.

This pricing is very similar to the only other full canvas, yet not full price, suitmaker I can think of: Benjamin over on ehaberdasher.com.

Here's my question: I'm happy with half canvas. It looks way better on me than the suit/box I was used to wearing from Hart Schaffner Marx and Boss back in the day when I thought those were the top brands out there. Does full canvas make that much of a difference in how it drapes and feels on your body?

"Is it worth it?" is a totally subjective question but, hey, this is the internet, so...is it worth it?

Nice! I like it but not sure how I feel about the pants with the sidetabs instead of belt loops.

Comment

Hm, pleated pants (single reverse pleat).

I wonder how customizable these will be. It says the sleeves can optionally be made for surgeon cuffs. I wonder if other features can be tweaked as well, like swapping the side tabs for loops and deleting the pleat.

Comment

Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post

I wonder how customizable these will be. It says the sleeves can optionally be made for surgeon cuffs. I wonder if other features can be tweaked as well, like swapping the side tabs for loops and deleting the pleat.
        You can likely use the fabric from the side tabs to add belt loops but removing pleats will likely cause odd proportions.

Comment

I assume these are only OTR and no customizing will be available. That's based on nothing but my own speculation.

Comment

Okay, I misread this...

Sleeves are unfinished and prepared for surgeon's cuffs if desired.
            ...to mean S&M would prepare the sleeves for surgeon cuffs if the customer desired. That sounded like a customization option, which made me think other options might be on the table.

But now I see it's mostly likely strictly an OTR item, with any mods up to you and your tailor.

Comment

Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post

The sleeves are left unfinished. They are prepared for surgeon cuffs if needed. Or your tailor can just sew the buttons on and leave it at that. The buttons are in a little bag in the inner chest pocket.

Comment

6 bills is too much for Made in China clothing. Is my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
                  6 bills is too much for Made in China clothing. Is my two cents.
                  *laughs in Gucci*

I've been nothing short of delighted with all things spier that I have. If i werent already working on a bespoke project almost identical to these (save in 3 piece) id jump like nobody's business.
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
                  X