Deodorant, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deodorant, etc.

This was a recent discussion on the Dappered site, I thought I would start a thread.

In the past year I've put on 25+ lbs of muscle and have a completely different body mass than I did last summer. The drawback of this is I'm noticing I sweat a TON this summer. I have a very casual job that allows for t-shirts and polos. However, I'm sweating through them like crazy. I am not much of an undershirt wearer (let alone under a t-shirt), but do occasionally with dress shirts.

What products do people use? I used Ban roll-on antiperspirant/deodorant for years but it no longer does the trick. I find that I hate most scented products.

Any advice?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

people will look to botox injections in armpit areas to near completely stop perspiration. 25-30lbs of muscle in a year is pretty extreme, and without getting in to how you accomplished this, i'd recommend you speak with your doctor about what's going on. non-judgemental, i suspect these changes are better termed to be "side effects" as opposed to results of a changing body mass, and i'd be reluctant to ignore them any further.

in regard to undershirts, go with a simple cotton tank or "wife-beater" (i despise that term). they work fine under polos or tees, and are thin and form-fitting enough to add no bulk to form-fitting tops. the cotton absorbs and holds dampness away from your body keeping you cool without getting your shirts wet. go for the Hanes Premium tanks, you can get a multi-pack at Target for a very reasonable price.

good luck

Comment

Have you tried any of the "stronger" OTC "Clinical" strength deodorant/antipersiprants? You can try a brand called "Certain Dri". It has alot of avid followers. Make sure to purchase both the regular Certain Dri and the Certain Dri AM also. Can be purchased at any local drugstore

Comment

@mikesam82 - I appreciate both your comments and your concern. Not the right forum for this, but this has been completely legitimate weight gain. I was a very skinny long distance runner for years (6' and 155lbs). I decided I was sick of being that thin. I decreased my amount of cardio, increased calories a bit and have been lifting primarily high weight x low rep sets 3-4 times a week. After a workout I drink a simple high quality whey protein shake. I have plateaued at this weight for a few months now so I think my body just responded well to the change in routine.

@ dahonam - I have not tried those, I will check it out. Thanks!

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Undershirts are definitely good, especially slimmer fits, or in your case you should fill them out fine. I have Certain Dri which is "Clinical Strength," though I can't say for sure how great it is since I didn't have a sweating problem, I just decided I would rather not sweat at all. It comes in a dry stick or in Roll-on version. It seems to work pretty well and the AM version is a good idea since it works best to have both regular and AM for a touch-up in the morning. It has a scent, but it fades to being near-gone.

My question is, why doesn't everyone use Clinical Strength? The less sweat the better was my reason for switching.

Comment

I am at work so I can't recall the name, but I use a prescription product similar to certain dri. Using it twice a week keeps me sweat free where applied unless exercising. It seriously is amazing, now I only put it on when I notice excessive sweating, maybe every couple weeks.

I had used "extra strength" deodorants with some mild success, but my shirts get heavily stained if you know what I mean. The stuff I use is applied before bed, so has the whole night to do its thing before I don a shirt.

Comment

Working...
            X