No announcement yet.

Opinions on orvis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy their Extra Invincible merino wool socks (made by Darn Tough), as they're the only ones that I've found that come in business-y colors.

Comment

Speaking of orvis, should I get their tan waxed canvas harrington or go full Dean with a red harrington?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
        Speaking of orvis, should I get their tan waxed canvas harrington or go full Dean with a red harrington?

i dunno about you but, their jacket fits me like shit. it's this big balloon with big fluffy sleeves and i can't even wear it.

but maybe you're shaped differently than I can, or are in a size range where the other sizes fit better than that?

It's not very good quality for what you pay. some of the more generic Harringtons on amazon are nicer. The Flint and tinder one is super nice if you like those two colors.

Comment

It fit me fine, but its also possible things have changed there. Maybe I should try something else just for variety anyway?

Comment

red is tough. I mean it looks good but its very much a statement piece that I wouldnt wear frequently.

Comment

I know, I know. I like the harrington style. Navy looks great, but to me suffers a bit from being a little monochromatic with dark denim I wear all the time. Light tan I can't do because I already get enough old man shit about my cardigans LOL. The green is nice but sometimes feels like it clashes with some shirts. Not that red wouldn't clash, but wgaf James Dean time. Probably just overthinking all of that.

Comment

I know, I know. I like the harrington style. Navy looks great, but to me suffers a bit from being a little monochromatic with dark denim I wear all the time. Light tan I can't do because I already get enough old man shit about my cardigans LOL. The green is nice but sometimes feels like it clashes with some shirts. Not that red wouldn't clash, but wgaf James Dean time. Probably just overthinking all of that.
                I have a darker tan and I really like olive as a neutral. It works with my preferred colors (blue, lavendar, burgundy, pink)

Comment

Working...
                X