No announcement yet.

Favorite slim fit or MTM shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on the other end of the spectrum, at 5'7" and 165 (if it's a good day). I also struggle with shirt fit in that most shirt bodies are too full and the sleeves too long. I bought a Kamakura New York Classic Fit OCBD during their Black Friday sale and it fits perfectly. Fitted but not too slim through the body, proper sleeve length and a good collar height. The only reason I "splurged" on a $50 (on sale) shirt was because...well, I wanted to. I'm not sure if their fit scales up to you tall drinks of water, but I'd only heard good things about Kamakura previously and, based on a sample size of one, I am a fan.

Comment

I'm 5'9" and walk around at about 210, so on the other end of the spectrum... but I just got some shirts from Mizzen and Main that fit REALLY well without tailoring. I ended up buying a couple of XL Trims in casual button downs that are great. I also picked up their long and short sleeve henley's... and those are some of the softest shirts I've ever tried. Right now they're among my favorites, but I cannot speak to their longevity yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MediumTex View Post
        I am on the other end of the spectrum, at 5'7" and 165 (if it's a good day). I also struggle with shirt fit in that most shirt bodies are too full and the sleeves too long. I bought a Kamakura New York Classic Fit OCBD during their Black Friday sale and it fits perfectly. Fitted but not too slim through the body, proper sleeve length and a good collar height. The only reason I "splurged" on a $50 (on sale) shirt was because...well, I wanted to. I'm not sure if their fit scales up to you tall drinks of water, but I'd only heard good things about Kamakura previously and, based on a sample size of one, I am a fan.
        I’m 6’2”, 165 lbs and the Kamakura NY Slim in size 39/90 fits incredibly well for me. I think their selection within Tokyo and NY slim and classic fits provides a good range of options to fit most people. I’ve been wearing Kamakura shirts for several years now.

Comment

Im quite shocked that there is not a metion for Spier and Mackay. Their MTM program is excellent and one of the best values out there. I have been ordering from them for a few years and im extremely happy. If you buy a batch, they make 1, ship it, you try it on and critique it / make adjustments, and then they make and ship the rest. Its an excellent setup. The only downfall is it does take 4-6 weeks to get the shirts since they are Made to Measure.

Since no one has mentioned it, ill throw a referral code out there which get you 20% off. http://i.refs.cc/bVrh7mGC?smile_ref=...oyNjEwMzc2MDJ9

Comment

Working...
          X