one month, one watch* challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one month, one watch* challenge

I am thinking of challenging myself to wearing one watch for the entire month of December. Or maybe two, because pulling duty for everything from hiking/skiing/Olympic weightlifting to courtroom attire/black tie performances is gonna be a tough row to hoe for any single watch. As part of the challenge I hope to post photos of the watch (or watches) with the rest of my attire for every day.

I am narrowing down my watch choices right now. But I figured I'd float the idea now in case anyone would care to join me starting December 1.
    Ben

Comment

I've been doing that for 3 years. Try an Apple watch!

Comment

Right or wrong I could do that for everything but lifting. You wear a watch when lifting? I couldn’t because of wraps but I think it would just get in the way constantly. I’ve got one guy on our hockey team that often wears his metal bracelet watch. I don’t get it. Lol

I used to have a few watches I rotated to but lately (the past year or so) id rather just have one nice watch. If I ever get my Rolex that would be it. If I’m wearing a watch it’s that one.

Comment

So, you want me to pick my favorite child? That's just cruel. But OK, I'll do it for the lulz. Right now, my new SKX009 is probably going to be the choice.

Comment

Well, I wont stay on top of posting pics but I could do 2 watches. My Instinct and Hamilton.

Comment

Can’t, won’t, not even going to try. The reason I have a collection is that I like changing them out based on my whims.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

One month? I can't go one day without one or more changes... I'll have to observe this one from afar. Wishing you luck!
                Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

i've been doing this for the last month or so. really trying to narrow down to a versatile high quality smaller collection. unlike shoes which i can rotate every day, it becomes a pain having to set a watch every day. i have these 2: https://i.imgur.com/HHdXxnQ.jpg

Comment

That’s an intriguing idea. I’m not sure if it can. My most versatile watch needs repair. But... that’s a fascinating idea. Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wear a wristwatch almost everyday. Below is what I wear. I replaced it with a brown strap, so no watch if I wear black shoes. Goes well with wool pants or khakis. Not for sport activities.

https://us.tissotshop.com/men/classi...atic-80-3.html

Comment

I'm going on vacation for 10 days in December and plan on taking only one watch (whatever I decide to wear), but I know I'll want to get back to switching around when I return.

Comment

Ok, I'm game/in. Will be two watches for me. One for day-to-day, one for athletics. Starting December 1st. Done!

Comment

What are the specs? One watch or two? The whole month of December? Photo evidence, and outfit pairing? And daily, or every day you wear a watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the passenger View Post
                              I'm going on vacation for 10 days in December and plan on taking only one watch (whatever I decide to wear), but I know I'll want to get back to switching around when I return.
                              Do others take more than one watch on vacation? I’m trying to always pack as minimal as possible for vacation.

Comment

Working...
                              X