I need some opinion for this minimalist sneaker that i like to make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some opinion for this minimalist sneaker that i like to make

I’m thinking about making a faux-leather minimalist sneaker that would look something like this. Any thoughts?

One impressive you are going to make your own shoes. Have you done this before?

At least two me they only look minimalist in color. The mid part of the shoe looks a little bulky like a skateboarding shoe. Is that the look you were going for? I’d prob tend to streamline that part out if you really want minimal.

Comment

Are you asking because you want to sell them or are you making them for your own use? I think most of us here would prefer real leather/suede.
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

The design is alright. That isnt my kind of thing personally but it looks fairly on trend. I agree on real leather though.

Comment

When you say "making" are you talking about doing the construction yourself, or having a company do a run of them for you, or what?

Comment

I'm a big fan of minimalist sneakers, but I don't really care for the shape. The toe is a bit too clubby looking for my taste. Also, I don't like the cloth strip up the back. Additionally, I agree with the others who say all leather.

Comment

Agree with [MENTION=19128]smitty[/MENTION], the toe shape is not appealing to me. In fact the top view makes it seem like a flip flop.

Comment

i agree on the toe shape as well.

Comment

Looks like it has a wider toe box which is a big plus for me. I understand others don’t like the shapes, but you can’t beat it for functionality and comfort.

As others have asked, you designing this to make yourself or a company making them for you?

Comment

Originally posted by TheManJournals View Post
                    Agree with [MENTION=19128]smitty[/MENTION], the toe shape is not appealing to me. In fact the top view makes it seem like a flip flop.
                    Yes, when I first looked at it, I thought the same thing. I had to take a second look to see if the shoe was open in the front.
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

The shape of the toe box doesn’t bother me at all. Dark sole and a dark ish upper are a little off putting to me. I like the contrast stripe on the heel. I’d prefer a lighter color to the upper. But I’d definitely check those out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                        One impressive you are going to make your own shoes. Have you done this before?

At least two me they only look minimalist in color. The mid part of the shoe looks a little bulky like a skateboarding shoe. Is that the look you were going for? I’d prob tend to streamline that part out if you really want minimal.
                        I think he doesn't mean minimal in that sense, but rather in the "barefoot shoe" sense. So basically a thin sole with minimal cushioning.

Comment

Yes, I was planning to produce it to sell it on the market. Thank you for your suggestion I will keep that on my notes

Comment

I love minimalist sneakers. What I look for the most is a something with a sleek design, luxury materials and little to no markings. To each his own but as someone who owns a pair of CPs, several pairs of Greats, Oliver Cabell and Crown Northampton and is always tempted to buy more, that's what matters to me. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by raver View Post
                              Yes, I was planning to produce it to sell it on the market. Thank you for your suggestion I will keep that on my notes
                              I think pricing is going to factor in for an unknown brand. At least for me the color combo and toe box would give me concern if I cannot see them in person before buying.

Comment

Working...
                              X