Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What winter coat will you be wearing or want to get this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the AF dad coat from [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] on the buy/sell forums. Wearing it in New York now. Couldn’t be happier. It will be my go to for this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
      Bought the AF dad coat from [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] on the buy/sell forums. Wearing it in New York now. Couldn’t be happier. It will be my go to for this winter.
      Glad you like it! Post some pics if you have a chance
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Hoping to get some use out of the inexpensive Target overcoat I got last year but never wore for some reason:

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-stand...93#lnk=sametab

As you can see they're selling it again this year except they're calling the color camel instead of brown, which IMO is a bit misleading. It's definitely brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
          Glad you like it! Post some pics if you have a chance

The lighting in the hotel sucks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looking for a new peacoat, trying out the schott 751

Comment

well, a good J Crew promo code that included the Sussex quilted came up so I ordered the olive. looking forward to the upgrade.

Comment

Yes that's the one I got last year based on the PutThisOn post which wrote it up as pretty fantastic. I am mostly pleased with it, primarily because the outer fabric is fantastic - real British Yorkshire tweed woven by Moon Mills. Would have liked at least one interior chest pocket but at the price they were selling them at I'm not surprised they cut a small corner there.

The construction looks fine on the exterior and visible parts of the interior, but I did have a small hole start to form almost immediately in the seam of one of the pockets. I was going to have my seamstress take care of that but then I was like, no one is going to see whether this seam is stitched together elegantly or not so I just grabbed my little sewing kit and took care of it myself. For the heart of winter if I feel like I'd have to layer heavily underneath to be warm enough if I lived somewhere that gets really cold - it's not super thick outer fabric and there is no insulating layer behind it. Here in DC it's fine with a suit or sport coat underneath for all but the few most frigid days, but in Boston, Chicago, or Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit...anywhere that gets real cold, it might be better for the colder shoulder season months than the true heart of winter if you have to be out for very long in it.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

The lighting in the hotel sucks..

Fit looks good but man that hotel lighting is terrible haha

Comment

Finally cold enough to start layering. I find a relatively casual car coat to be super versatile.

Comment

Fit looks good but man that hotel lighting is terrible haha
                      Here’s a better shot:

Comment

Finally cold enough to start layering. I find a relatively casual car coat to be super versatile.
                        Are you rocking a turtle neck with that look?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          Are you rocking a turtle neck with that look?
                          Yep, thin turtleneck is one of my favorite things to wear in the winter. Looks nice on its own and super easy to layer.

Comment

I do find it rather funny that so many of these jackets look useless in the wet.

I often have grand intentions of wearing something in wool, but the weather usually dictates that it's the Arcteryx Beta SV that goes out with me or I'm getting soaked.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDub View Post
                              I do find it rather funny that so many of these jackets look useless in the wet.

I often have grand intentions of wearing something in wool, but the weather usually dictates that it's the Arcteryx Beta SV that goes out with me or I'm getting soaked.
                              I dont find myself outside for long periods of time most days so sustained rain isnt an issue. If it might be, I have some options for that too. Either a light rain jacket that I layer over heavier sweaters or fleece or I have an all weather jacket that isnt attractive at all but is a beast for the outdoors. But both are technical items that arent in my "regular rotation"

Comment

Originally posted by ElDub View Post

LP Storm system [emoji106]. If it’s going to be seriously raining or snowing then I’ll put on an actual technical waterproof coat. Time and place for everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X