Jeans For Thick Thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeans For Thick Thighs

Can anyone recommend jeans for someone with thicker (muscular) thighs?
    Sure years of competititve cycling and squats help me look great in shorts, but make it a pain to find good fitting denim.
    Any help would be awesome, bonus points for US made selvedge companies and fits.

Rogue Territory - Standard Issue
    3sixteen - CT 100

Both American made with proprietary selvedge Japanese denim. These fits have a higher rise, roomy thighs and tapper below the knee. Both companies provide measurements on their websites. Rogue Territory has the edge on build quality and attention to detail but the denim used by 3sixteen is incredibly soft off the rack. You can't go wrong with either brand.

Comment

On the other end of the spectrum Levi’s 541’s have worked well. For me I either have to size up two sizes (34->38) in slim fit and tailor the waist or go with 541’s. I have had to size up in 541’s once, probably just due to variation in sizing due to their QA. I’ll be checking out these other companies though!

Comment

dearborn denim and Lucky's work for me, but I also have huge calves and generally need to wear straight fit jeans. Anything tapered is usually too tight on the calves and/or thighs... haven't found much that works with both. The Lucky's 441 athletic comes closest there.

Comment

Banana Republic has an "Athletic Tapered" fit that is roomy in the seat & thighs and tapers down to a slim ankle. They mostly sell stretch jeans, not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by dappertert View Post
            Banana Republic has an "Athletic Tapered" fit that is roomy in the seat & thighs and tapers down to a slim ankle. They mostly sell stretch jeans, not sure if that's what you're looking for.
            I just ordered these in rapid movement denim and travelers pants. In my normal waist size they were like wearing leggings. The taper is pretty aggressive and leg opening was smaller than the slim cut jeans.

Comment

Its tough man. When you're not a natural fit the end fit is WAYYYYY different than the first fresh OTR fit. I mean, pretty much everything but the length changes when you wear the a dozen times. Holy Hell and that's before you wash them. I've had pretty good luck with BR slim fit and Old Navy slim jeans for men, none of their stretch stuff. Its so hard to commit to a pair of jeans when your package is printing, but you have to take it on faith that they will stretch out.
              I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

The jeans I wear most now are a pair of BR athletic fit. I’ve got a 31” waist and 26” thighs. My BR are size 33”.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  The jeans I wear most now are a pair of BR athletic fit. I’ve got a 31” waist and 26” thighs. My BR are size 33”.
                  Actual 31" waist? And wear a vanity-sized 33 waist in the BR athletic? Heavily tailored I guess?

I have an actual 33" waist and 24" thighs. Can wear some vanity-sized 31s, but almost always buy 32s. Athletic tapered in 32 was a total no-go for me. Too slim in both the thigh and calf.

Comment

Not tailored at all. They fit fine held up with a belt.
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      I guess it depends on how you like them to fit too. I had on the 34 waist pant and I have 27.5” thighs. The waist fit well, I probably could have gone down to 33 in waist size but the legs were already too tight.

I might still go with the BR because the fabric is nice. Will probably go slim fit and size up for the slightly larger lower leg diameter.

Comment

Bonobos premium stretch jeans in resin rinse athletic.

36” waist and 25.75” thighs here.

Comment

Depending on your price range.

Epaulet Walt fit denim has HUGE top block measurements.

Very high waisted but the butt and upper thigh area is big. I lift and they are right on the edge of being baggy there but they fit great everywhere else.

They are the anti-Gustin pants. Smallest top blocks in pants.

Comment

Lucky Brand 410 Slim Athletic. I just discovered these and bought several pairs. They are pretty consistent with the waist and length sizes, especially compared to Banana Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by BIZCASUAL View Post
                              Can anyone recommend jeans for someone with thicker (muscular) thighs?
                              Sure years of competititve cycling and squats help me look great in shorts, but make it a pain to find good fitting denim.
                              Any help would be awesome, bonus points for US made selvedge companies and fits.
                              How tall are you? I'm 6'3", long legs, and squat ~400lbs or so, and my thighs aren't as thick as say someone who is 5'10". That being said, I can still wear Levi 513 and 512 with no issues.
                              We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                              X