Vomit on suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vomit on suit

I just spit up on the arm of my suit jacket and I ran some cold water and some soap on it and let it sit and dry. I am going to take it to the dry cleaners first thing in the morning. Is there anything I can additional do or use to get the vomit smell out of my jacket

Originally posted by Eeh5335 View Post
    I just spit up on the arm of my suit jacket and I ran some cold water and some soap on it and let it sit and dry. I am going to take it to the dry cleaners first thing in the morning. Is there anything I can additional do or use to get the vomit smell out of my jacket
    The only thing I can think of is some febreeze or hit it with some baking soda and let it sit for a bit to absorb any moisture and odors, than shake off/vacuum off the excess.

Comment

Vodka. Unless that was the cause of the vomit in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about taking the jacket to the dry cleaners?

Comment

dry cleaner will knock that right out. I was best man in a destination wedding and I became very ill the day of the ceremony (not booze related unfortunately). I got some vomit on the vest and jacket sleeve that I dabbed with water and had to pack home. about a week later I took it to the dry cleaner and it came out fine. This was a light tan colored linen suit.

Comment

This might be my favorite thread of the year so far!! Clearly posted right after it happened in an oh shit, what do I do moment. Spit up? What are you 2 months old?

Anyway, I hope the dry cleaner's did the trick. I once "spit up" in one of those pockets on the back of the seat in my buddy's Tahoe. For as nasty as vomit is...it's actually not the worst stain to get out. Take that over oil stains any day!

Comment

Originally posted by CK83 View Post
              This might be my favorite thread of the year so far!! Clearly posted right after it happened in an oh shit, what do I do moment. Spit up? What are you 2 months old?

Anyway, I hope the dry cleaner's did the trick. I once "spit up" in one of those pockets on the back of the seat in my buddy's Tahoe. For as nasty as vomit is...it's actually not the worst stain to get out. Take that over oil stains any day!
              I see this thread devolving quickly lol. I will refrain from my worse cleanup stories.

Comment

Gentleman don’t “spit up.” They may inadvertently spill some stomach acid, but they don’t “spit up”.

Comment

Took happy hour a bit too far eh?

Comment

At least that can be dry cleaned... my Barbour jacket that I wore out to a sales rep sponsored bar night was a little harder to take the stench out of...

Comment

It's times like these I'm glad I never have more than two drinks at a time.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boatshoes&bowties View Post
                        At least that can be dry cleaned... my Barbour jacket that I wore out to a sales rep sponsored bar night was a little harder to take the stench out of...
                        Yeah, I was going to buy one of those Flint and Tinder flannel lined truckers last year, then saw a flannel lined canvass trucker from Roamers (also on Huckberry) that wasn't waxed, and although maybe it doesn't look quite as cool, it's still pretty great. And I thought, gee it would be nice to be able to throw this thing in the wash if necessary. That was really the deciding factor. I have one waxed jacket and so far it has not been scathed to the point of needing laundering, but I don't want all my jackets to be un-launderable.
                        “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X