Traditional Flannel Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
    i would like to suggest that a company called VERMONT FLANNEL CO has the best flannels for most people. They're two pocket, right above the price of the LL Bean ones, and made out of outrageously soft flannel, in VT, USA.

all of their color combinations are positively pheonominal.

When it comes to flannel, Vermont is pretty much the American epicenter. I guess one could argue for Maine, or NH - anywhere in the northern tier of New England would do.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

I'm from Vermont and would like to support these folks, but do all their shirts come with that obnoxious tag on the front?

Comment

Originally posted by forcemajeure View Post
        I'm from Vermont and would like to support these folks, but do all their shirts come with that obnoxious tag on the front?
        I agree with you, but that's easy enough to remove with small scissors—you just have to be careful and go slowly.

I'm happy to know this company exists, but I have to say that I would not consider these colors/patterns to be traditional. Also, this is just a personal weirdness, but I wouldn't buy one of these because of the biased pockets.

Comment

I'm curious about Vermont Flannels sizing. Their large is a 51" chest and 37.5" sleeve. That seems ginormous to me. Even the small seems huge. Am I reading this wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
            I'm curious about Vermont Flannels sizing. Their large is a 51" chest and 37.5" sleeve. That seems ginormous to me. Even the small seems huge. Am I reading this wrong?

It is! I’m usually a L and I’m a 44” chest, 36 sleeve. The small on this chart is that size chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
              It is! I’m usually a L and I’m a 44” chest, 36 sleeve. The small on this chart is that size chest.
              That's what I thought. I am the same size as you, and the XTRA Small is a 44". That seems crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post

The fitted sizing seemed a lot tighter.

If you want a laugh, check out the sizing on the henleys.

Comment

Originally posted by dancinginyourhead View Post
                  I personally like the fit of Lands' End flagship flannel much better than LL Bean. Even in their "slightly fitted" cut (the slimmest they make, I believe), the LL Bean shirts I tried were pretty baggy. Granted, a flannel shirt shouldn't fit skin-tight, but it shouldn't fit like a sack, either. LE makes traditional, tailored, and slim fit (but only the traditional and tailored in tall sizes). For me, at 6'2" and 210 lbs., the medium tall tailored fit for LE was the right choice. Still plenty of room to move, and I can wash and dry them without worrying.
                  I am now questioning if I have ever worn the right size! I am 6'2" and 215 and am borderline between L and XL in most things. If I wore a medium it would look like spandex. I had usually worn XL as I thought L were too tight across the chest and too short in the body, but I recently tried a Large in a target short-sleeved henley and I can get on with that. But medium.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cbiscuit View Post
                    I am now questioning if I have ever worn the right size! I am 6'2" and 215 and am borderline between L and XL in most things. If I wore a medium it would look like spandex. I had usually worn XL as I thought L were too tight across the chest and too short in the body, but I recently tried a Large in a target short-sleeved henley and I can get on with that. But medium.....
                    Do you know your chest measurement? That's usually a pretty good guide for sizing. Most mediums are designed to fit a 38-40 inch chest, large is usually 42-44, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X