Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wore a cardigan for the first time today - why did I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElDub View Post

Thanks for the tip. I may have picked up a couple myself...I was sorely lacking in cardigans.
    For chunky/thicker cardigans, go with shawl collar! They accentuate the traps nicely.

The cardigan I'm wearing today:
    https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post314362

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      For chunky/thicker cardigans, go with shawl collar! They accentuate the traps nicely.

How about for chunky/thicker waistlines?

Comment

Originally posted by ElDub View Post
        How about for chunky/thicker waistlines?
        Leave the sweater unbuttoned! Or girdle:
        https://youtu.be/mpxBXeJzrW4

Or one of those optical illusion shirts like this, but in reverse for the gut:
        Last edited by Nandyn; October 15, 2019, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I am liking the look of the cardigans from LLBean. They might be getting a chunk of my money sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post

Yes! If you have any shoulder meat then cardigans can be a really flattering look.
            I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Threw a cardigan on today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the cardigan that I bought from the Gap (50% off!) arrived in the mail last week and I broke it out for the first time today. Gotta say. I'm liking the cardigan. I am going to have to keep my eye open for another Gap sale and see what other colours come up for sale.

Comment

The proof! This one is from the Gap.

Comment

Wore a Cardigan I’ve had for a couple of years, got compliments at work, then my wife asked me about my old man uniform when I got home. So, your mileage may vary. Widely

Comment

So [MENTION=7800]tayloreuph[/MENTION] my wife thinks I look like an old man too!

Comment

Looks good.

I have the same sweater. One in navy and one in brown.

I'd love one in black as well.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] that's a nice sweater

Comment

I find them very practical for Houston winters or cold AC offices. It's a good look for ages below 20 or older than 60. I'm 41 so for style only doesn't work me since they me look older than my age and I'm looking the opposite.

Comment

[MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] I'm looking to pick up the sweater in some additional colours too. I just missed the most recent 50% off Gap sale though. I'll have to actively monitor my email over the next little while for updates/promo codes.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                                [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] I'm looking to pick up the sweater in some additional colours too. I just missed the most recent 50% off Gap sale though. I'll have to actively monitor my email over the next little while for updates/promo codes.
                                I picked up the "brown" which is sort of half gray and one in navy. They're fairly heavily built. Can double as a small blanket in a pinch.

Definitely like them and I was lucky enough to get them for 50% off.

Comment

Working...
                                X