Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wore a cardigan for the first time today - why did I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wore a cardigan for the first time today - why did I wait?

In the spring I bought a cardigan after reading about them here for a while. But because it was spring, I never ended up wearing the cardigan. Until today.

And wow. I'm surprised I waited so long. With the cooler fall weather the cardigan was nice and warm. So I am full on part of Camp Cardigan now thinking I need to pick up some more. Good times.

I’d add the cardigan as one of the top 10 things I learned from dappered I didn’t anticipate liking as much as I do. It’s a great layering item with a lot of versatility. Especially in my office where the guys love blasting the ac

Comment

Same boat here. Until reading Dappered, I never even considered them. Now, I have somewhere between five and ten in my wardrobe and look forward to cold weather so I can wear them.

Comment

I bought a cheap cardigan from Old Navy to judge if I like cardigans and I really like them. See my post in confessions but it is something about the extra pockets. I hate having things in my pants pockets so get a lot of use out of shirt/jacket/cardigan pockets.

Comment

I love my cardigans. Originally I thought they'd make me look old.
          I am old but I can't blame the cardigans for that.
          In fact I just bought two more. Shawl cardigans no less that I swore I'd never buy.
          Live and learn.

Comment

The cardigan I bought is bike and chunky. I'm sure if you search the threads you can even pinpoint a photo of the one that I bought. Gotta say. I'm looking forward to purchasing my next one.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              I bought a cheap cardigan from Old Navy to judge if I like cardigans and I really like them. See my post in confessions but it is something about the extra pockets. I hate having things in my pants pockets so get a lot of use out of shirt/jacket/cardigan pockets.
              I LOVE my old navy cardigan.
              I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Cardigans, you say?? ...hmmm...

Comment

So. Being new to the cardigan game, where you all suggest going to purchase them? And I'm talking the beefy kind of cardigans here. I guess they might be called shawl cardigans, as opposed to the slimmer versions worn by Mr. Rogers.

Comment

I picked up a nice wool chore jacket from Jcrew (basically a cardigan) and love it! Nice, and cozy (medium thickness) and works well over a button down and tie.
                    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...e=hthr-flannel

Comment

Love cardigans. more comfortable than a blazer and more suitable for casual occasions, but still offers that visual layering effect.

Comment

I'm still waiting and unsure...but you inspire me to give it a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          So. Being new to the cardigan game, where you all suggest going to purchase them? And I'm talking the beefy kind of cardigans here. I guess they might be called shawl cardigans, as opposed to the slimmer versions worn by Mr. Rogers.
                          I am tempted to buy a cardigan from Northern Watters (Canadian Company). They make sweaters for the company Epaulet which is a pretty expensive store compared to the Dappered norms. While they have shawl collar cardigans, I for some reason want one of their belted sweaters with contrasting belt.

https://www.nwknitwear.com/cat/Sweaters

Comment

I love cardigans! Shawl collar ones can be a bit more casual alternative to a blazer too.

Comment

Originally posted by charlielo View Post
                              I picked up a nice wool chore jacket from Jcrew (basically a cardigan) and love it! Nice, and cozy (medium thickness) and works well over a button down and tie.
                              https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...e=hthr-flannel
                              I was tempted to pick that up, too, over the weekend cuz my local store had it for 40% off, but half the reviews mention that it pills like crazy. I'm ok with dealing with some pilling and have sweater shavers, but sometimes I feel like it's just not worth dealing with it all the time if it's especially bad.

It fit really well and was a great mid weight/color and I didn't find it itchy. I especially loved that combo shawl/notch collar.

What's your experience so far with it?
                              Last edited by Nandyn; October 9, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X