Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who have "outgrown" Dappered, what kind of content would you want to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have "outgrown" Dappered, what kind of content would you want to see?

Reading through this thread, I'd like to use this thread for some specific examples of content you guys might enjoy reading.

more articles about matlock.

Last edited by evanparker; September 24, 2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
      more articles about matlock.
      Got it.

Coming up next week, Style Scenario: How to Dress Like Matlock with a white Ratio custom OCBD, navy Drake's pheasant tie, and a light grey striped suit with wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide notched lapels.

Comment

This has the opportunity to be a classic thread.

Comment

Comments to the main page articles.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            Got it.
            MATLOCK has DIVINE collar roll in that pic, just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
              A lot more work on the admin's side to manage the comments and whatnot, but we'll have to ask and see if 1.) they're up for it, and 2.) they can technically even add them.
              Last edited by mcadamsandwich; September 24, 2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                MATLOCK has DIVINE collar roll in that pic, just sayin.
                Wonder if it's from Brooks or a smaller company like Mercer, Gambert, etc.?

Comment

A lot more work on the admin's side to manage the comments and whatnot, but we'll have to ask and see if 1.) they're up for it, and 2.) they can technically even add them.

Paging Thoughts?

it's being discussed.
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

-Start including Polo in the sales run downs because they have things on sale constantly.
                    -Reviews of newer, more intermediate brands like Todd Snyder, Kamakura, Rowing Blazers, Club Monaco, etc. (The reviews are fantastic, well written, and thorough; just usually done on things I would never put on my body like clothes from Target, Walmart, Amazon, or JCF)

Comment

Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
                      -Start including Polo in the sales run downs because they have things on sale constantly.
                      -Reviews of newer, more intermediate brands like Todd Snyder, Kamakura, Rowing Blazers, Club Monaco, etc. (The reviews are fantastic, well written, and thorough; just usually done on things I would never put on my body like clothes from Target, Walmart, Amazon, or JCF)
                      1. Polo RL? I've personally always ignored them because they make so. much. crap. and you always see them in discounters like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. They're *never* worth MSRP because they're always on sale somewhere. Quality is hit and miss, too.
                      2. Totally on board there, but with Dappered's independent and as-unbiased-as-possible review policy, someone's gotta pay for that stuff and the reviewer's time.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
                        I agree on the second point. As I have nailed down my style with the basic advice here, I have moved upmarket for replacing and elevating pieces. I now buy from Kamakura, Ledbury, Todd Snyder etc. I think the site could benefit from a good, better, best type of review.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                          Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                          it's being discussed.
                          I have seen Joe post several times that he will NEVER have comments on the main page again.

Apparently he used to have those and it was an unpleasant experience for him.

I'm pretty sure that [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] is aware of this and that's the reason for the emoji.
                          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

I would like to see the ability to upload photos directly so we can avoid using image hosting sites and/or taptalk.
                            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                              I have seen Joe post several times that he will NEVER have comments on the main page again.

Apparently he used to have those and it was an unpleasant experience for him.

I'm pretty sure that [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] is aware of this and that's the reason for the emoji.
                              You're correct, Dappered will probably never have comments on the main site.

I'm not making any other statements at this time.
                              https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
                              X