Turn 3/2 roll into 3-button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 3/2 roll into 3-button?

Is it possible to turn a 3/2 roll into a true 3-button by pressing the lapels?

I generally prefer wearing double breasted, 3-button, and 3-piece because I prefer a much shallower "V."

But sometimes, I'll see a great deal on a 3/2 roll and I wonder if I can turn it into a true-button. Can I?

Sure, I once had dry cleaners ruin a perfectly good two button, by pressing it as if it were a 3 button... The jacket, and my relationship with the cleaners was discarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
      Sure, I once had dry cleaners ruin a perfectly good two button, by pressing it as if it were a 3 button... The jacket, and my relationship with the cleaners was discarded.
      Couldn't it just be pressed back into normal shape...?
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Couldn't it just be pressed back into normal shape...?
        They really did a number on the thing. This was also 10 years ago, not sure how I would handle the situation now.
        Last edited by Alex.C; September 23, 2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

....NO!!!!....don't do it....

As a long-torsoed individual - particular since we're still somewhat still in the era of chopped coat tails and higher button stances - I love the 3/2 b/c it gives you a combination of a lower button stance as well as some of that 'shallower "V"' to hide/disguise/draw-focus-from my off-standard torso proportions.

Comment

Working...
          X