• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You made a great choice!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
      You made a great choice!
      Thanks. It was a toss-up (literal coin flip) between these and green Daltons. Quite happy the navy won out, moreso because the fifth is a model they no longer make....and I have burgundy shell daltons already.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

After more than 4 months, the Cordovan Chili Strands finally arrived.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
        And since someone asked... I was wearing grey denim when I picked them up and took the pic. I'll give them a bit more respect than that when I wear them out
        Last edited by JohnR; February 1, 2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=20690]JohnR[/MENTION]

Wow! A great looking shoe!

Congratulations!
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

It was a 4 month wait and I was really starting to lose interest (especially since there was an event in Dec where I had initially planned to wear them) but as soon as I saw them, I put all of that behind me.

BTW... It's my understanding that they're currently working to make this combo a regular option.

There's also a suede trunk show happening this week but nothing really jumped out at me.

Comment

It was a 4 month wait and I was really starting to lose interest (especially since there was an event in Dec where I had initially planned to wear them) but as soon as I saw them, I put all of that behind me.

BTW... It's my understanding that they're currently working to make this combo a regular option.

There's also a suede trunk show happening this week but nothing really jumped out at me.
              Aye, I was considering a Higgins but meh. Maybe it's the splitting headache causing my lack of interest. I dunno.

Either way. The shell is superb. Suede, more the models on offer than the idea itself.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                Aye, I was considering a Higgins but meh. Maybe it's the splitting headache causing my lack of interest. I dunno.

Either way. The shell is superb. Suede, more the models on offer than the idea itself.
                Agreed. They piqued my interest with the Strandmock but I need a much lighter grey. Fortunately I don't have to wrestle with another expensive decision, though. The other models and colors are more of an interesting side note, for me.

Comment

Agreed. They piqued my interest with the Strandmock but I need a much lighter grey. Fortunately I don't have to wrestle with another expensive decision, though. The other models and colors are more of an interesting side note, for me.
                  One can only hope this is Caleres' way of feeling out the crowd for possible mainstream additions down the road.

I have some light gray suede strandmoks from when they were a mainline item. The sole is a filth magnet but otherwise I love 'em.

Comment

One can only hope this is Caleres' way of feeling out the crowd for possible mainstream additions down the road.
                    I suspect as much. So now if a couple hundred of you could please go to a show and tell them you'd buy the Strandmock if only it were a lighter grey, I thank you in advance.

Comment

Guys.

Shit.

They're making black, brown, and burgundy stock colors for the ENTIRE shell range now.

Even worse, the PA, Strand, Dalton, and Higgins will be available in Chili shell movin forward as well.

Not on the site just yet but call your SA and they can order it starting now.

Comment

Guys.

Shit.

They're making black, brown, and burgundy stock colors for the ENTIRE shell range now.

Even worse, the PA, Strand, Dalton, and Higgins will be available in Chili shell movin forward as well.

Not on the site just yet but call your SA and they can order it starting now.
                        True that. My SA tipped me off when I picked up the Strands but I was able to resist the temptation to keep shopping (in part, I'm sure, due to what they had put me through). The good news for me was that in all the waiting and reordering, they dropped the price of mine down to what they'll go for now. I'd have been pretty pissed if they showed up at the same time they were available OTR but I had to pay the custom price.

I really do want the Park Ave's, though!

Comment

Working...
                        X