Recommendations Suede Chelsea Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations Suede Chelsea Boots?

I want to get a nice pair of suede Chelsea boots, does anyone have any recommendations, I would like to spend under $250. I like Meermin but I read some where that there suede isnt good. So I am looking for some advice. Thanks everyone.

I don’t have any personal recommendations since I’m not a Chelsea boots person, but Joe has recommended several in the articles on the main page. Just do a search and it should pop up with some options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a couple of pair of suede Chelsea boots from Thursday boots. I have been very happy with them. I have a pair of Astorflex which is okay but not as nice as the ones I have from Thursday. I guess I am not a fan of the crepe sole. Some years ago I bought I pair from John Varvatos. I loved the style but it was made very poorly and didn't hold up. As long as you buy from a place that has easy returns I don't think you have much to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post
        I have a couple of pair of suede Chelsea boots from Thursday boots. I have been very h8appy with them. I have a pair of Astorflex which is okay but not as nice as the ones I have from Thursday. I guess I am not a fan of the crepe sole. Some years ago I bought I pair from John Varvatos. I loved the style but it was made very poorly and didn't hold up. As long as you buy from a place that has easy returns I don't think you have much to lose.
        For thursdays what do you recommend on their sizing compared to your dress shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCashhh View Post
          For thursdays what do you recommend on their sizing compared to your dress shoes?
          I normally wear a 10 in most shoes, but I wear a 9.5 in their boots. Their return/exchange policy is very good, so it's easy enough to fix if the sizing doesn't work out.

Comment

I know you mentioned concerns with their suede, but just in case you find other opinions - https://meermin.com/in_en/mto.html

Comment

I got these from Skoak for in the $250 range during a sale. I love them and would recommend them to anyone. https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/coll...-tobacco-suede

Comment

In addition to the suggestion by [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] with his very sharp boots, and the other suggestions above, don't forget to check out Jack Erwin. I have a pair in smooth leather and quite like them:

https://www.jackerwin.com/collection...12712351301718

Allen Edmonds has some well-reviewed models on clearance and if you sign up for their email list, you'll get 15% off, which will put them in the $225 to $270 range.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/...Chelsea%20Boot

I have some Frye's in suede that I paid under $100 for. I quite like them for the price--but if I wouldn't be happy with them for more than that price.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

That is a very red shade of Snuff on those Jack Erwin's. May want to reach out for an actual suede pic if you are thinking about buying those.

Comment

I've got a pair of Loake Mitchum boots that I wear all the time from fall to spring. Made in England and good quality suede. I bought mine from East Dane, which have occasional sales ranging from 15%-25% off.

https://www.eastdane.com/mitchum-sue...1507911851.htm

Should add that I had a local cobbler put a rubber toppy on them to make the boots more versatile.

Comment

Allen Edmonds Liverpool looks really nice though a bit pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by mobaxter View Post
                        Allen Edmonds Liverpool looks really nice though a bit pricey.
                        The Liverpool's are sharp but I would be cautious with fit. I picked up a pair once and found them too tight on the vamp (I have a high instep) and had to return them. I was sad because they were beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by charlielo View Post
                          The Liverpool's are sharp but I would be cautious with fit. I picked up a pair once and found them too tight on the vamp (I have a high instep) and had to return them. I was sad because they were beautiful.
                          I didn't even like Chelsea boots until I tried on the Liverpool. I now have a pair of factory seconds in chocolate suede and I wear them every day in the fall and winter. Most comfortable boots I have.

Comment

The AE Shoebank and Loake recommendations are good. However, I would imagine that the suede on most sub-$250 boots (if we're talking retail price) won't be any better than the suede Meermin uses.

Comment

Working...
                            X