I cannot decide on a pair of shoes for shorts this summer.

For more than 5 years, I wore a pair of Sperry's. The soles on those shoes finally disintegrated after years of use and abuse. I could get another pair, but I wasn't fond of how the laces on the sperry's never stayed knotted. I also wasn't a big fan of the two eyelet vamp. And, after wearing the same pair of shoes with shorts for the past 5 years, I kind of want to mix it up.

I've been looking for several weeks, but I'm being too damn picky. Nothing seems good. I thought long and hard about some Eastland Camp Mocs, but I'm not a huge fan of the color. (I'm really pale so I like to stay away from colors that'll bring too much contrast between shoes and my white lightening gams. I kind of like these, but I can't find my size.

Before I know it, summer will be over and I will an entire season of great short/shoe combinations. I'm hoping this travesty can be avoided.

Any suggestions are welcomed. My wish list: light brown, decent tread so I don't bust my ass every single time I step on these Georgia pine tree needles, and something that doesn't necessarily look completely out of place near water/boat (e.g., drivers).