Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark4
    replied
    I like the Myles Apparel shorts - both the Momentum and Everyday shorts. The Everyday shorts work for everything - casual wear, working out - even work pretty well as swim trunks because the pockets are made of a mesh material so water drains out quickly. The pockets do not zip closed on those though, so for any workout where you get horizontal their Momentum short is better as it has at least one zip closed pocket. The Momentum shorts are also lighter weight so a little cooler for high effort hot weather activities.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    I just got some new Hylete Fuse shorts and they are my favorite workout shorts so far. I just wish they came in more colors, right now they are only available in "black heather" (basically charcoal grey) and a lighter green and blue.

Leave a comment:

• mobaxter
    replied
    I have Adidas Climacool shorts. I like wearing them during hot days.

Leave a comment:

• BuddingPT47
    replied
    Another recommendation for Lululemon here! Have a handful of the linerless THE short, its the most comfortable and best looking shorts I've found on me. I'm not sure about their current warranty but I bought mine when they were still offering free repairs or replacements on failed garments. My other shorts I usually get from discount places like TJ maxx, Sierra trading post, or similar stores. They have a ton of stock from the big sporting brands but a small selection of higher end stuff in less popular colors and sizes from companies like Rhone. And I haven't bought any but Gaiam, a yoga company, kinda copycat's some Lululemon styles and I've found them at TJM and STP.

Leave a comment:

• dangerpenguin
    replied
    I saw Olivers mentioned above -- I splurged for a few pairs a while back, both with and without the liner. They are great for lounging but I would not recommend for strenuous activity or running. The inner leg and crotch area wore out/pilled pretty quick from running especially.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    The Champion C9 shorts are cheap and last maybe 1 year before the crotch seam rips. I would equate this to maybe 600-700 miles worth of running. My LuluLemon shorts have lasted quite a bit longer. I wear bother the 5" and 7" Surge shorts. I don't think they make either length anymore but I would opt for the 6". I have more than 1000 miles on a pair and they show no signs of ripping. I also wear them in rotation with everyday activities so there are likely quite a few more miles than 1000 on them.
    Thanks! Those Champions sound exactly like what I am looking for and price wise as well.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Shade View Post
    Any best recs for running, hiking, and walking? I registered for a 5k in August and would appreciate any suggestions. ty!
    The Champion C9 shorts are cheap and last maybe 1 year before the crotch seam rips. I would equate this to maybe 600-700 miles worth of running. My LuluLemon shorts have lasted quite a bit longer. I wear bother the 5" and 7" Surge shorts. I don't think they make either length anymore but I would opt for the 6". I have more than 1000 miles on a pair and they show no signs of ripping. I also wear them in rotation with everyday activities so there are likely quite a few more miles than 1000 on them.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Any best recs for running, hiking, and walking? I registered for a 5k in August and would appreciate any suggestions. ty!

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    For actual working out my favorites are Hylete and Fourlaps/4laps.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    Was at H&M yesterday, and they have a quite a few choices for athletic shorts. Also, with H&M clothes running on the smaller side, the shorts have a nice slim fit to them. Going back to pick some up this weekend. Was in a hurry, so I couldn't try on all the different options.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    I wear my J Crew Tech shorts everywhere. I go to the neighborhood gym for my workout, then jump in the pool or check out a kayak. I did 10 miles on the AT wearing them a few weeks ago. I took 2 pair down to Tampa for my daughters college graduation weekend. These things are awesome and I rarely wear any other shorts now. I have 5 pair (three 9" and two 7") and have 3 more pair on the way. Now, I am sure other tech shorts work as well but I just keep finding the J Crew deals so I have stuck with them. I wouldn't mind more color selection or a pair with pocket closures and/or deeper pockets for those outdoor activities but I try not to have anything in my pockets most of the time so it isnt a huge deal.

If you are like me and [MENTION=11094]77Pat[/MENTION] and find yourself jumping from activity to activity, these are great. And I swear, they are the ultimate road trip short. Stretchy and wipe clean. I spilled coffee on my light khaki pair while driving and just wiped it up with a napkin.

Leave a comment:

• 77Pat
    replied
    My favorite are Hylete and Rhone.
    Want to check out Myles, Oliver's, huckberry proof, barbell apparel (have and like the jeans)

Also like the tech shorts from J. Crew (on front page). Wore them the other day when I knew I'd be going from bouldering to joining a group of friends at a parade.
    Last edited by 77Pat; July 17, 2019, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    I have a few pairs of the Pace Breaker shorts with and without the liners. They're okay but not my favorite. The material is pretty thin. It's almost flimsy feeling. If you're going to be spending that much on gym shorts I prefer Myles Momentum shorts, available with and without liners. I feel like the construction, materials and fit are all better on the Myles shorts. They're the one's I find myself reaching for most frequently. https://mylesapparel.com/collections/shorts

It sounds like without the liner is the best option for what you'll be using them for. I prefer the liners myself. Its just one less layer I have to worry about. I have never found them to be too hot or cold on either the Lulu or the Myles shorts. If you do decide to go that route, I like the liners on the Myles shorts far more than Lululemon shorts. The Lululemon always ride up on me a little but the Myles liners stay in place.

Also, if you're not going to be doing any strenuous activity, have you considered the J.Crew Dock Shorts? The stretch chino dock shorts are my lounge/I may have to go in public and don't want to look like a slob shorts. They're comfortable and look more polished then gym shorts. Looks like they also make them in a tech material now.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Be very careful though, I’ve ruined a couple pairs of (luckily cheapo Target brand) swim trunks by accidentally cutting the actual shorts while trying to cut out the liner.
    Indeed, do be careful. Best is to cut the lining just up to the serged seam, but leave the seam intact. That leaves you about 1/4" of fabric/seam before you hit the actual short. The serging will keep The fabric from fraying, depending on how the fabric is made. (That is for Lululemon shorts that I've cut, not sure about other shorts.)

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Be very careful though, I’ve ruined a couple pairs of (luckily cheapo Target brand) swim trunks by accidentally cutting the actual shorts while trying to cut out the liner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X