“Nicer” athletic shorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shade View Post
    Any best recs for running, hiking, and walking? I registered for a 5k in August and would appreciate any suggestions. ty!
    The Champion C9 shorts are cheap and last maybe 1 year before the crotch seam rips. I would equate this to maybe 600-700 miles worth of running. My LuluLemon shorts have lasted quite a bit longer. I wear bother the 5" and 7" Surge shorts. I don't think they make either length anymore but I would opt for the 6". I have more than 1000 miles on a pair and they show no signs of ripping. I also wear them in rotation with everyday activities so there are likely quite a few more miles than 1000 on them.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      The Champion C9 shorts are cheap and last maybe 1 year before the crotch seam rips. I would equate this to maybe 600-700 miles worth of running. My LuluLemon shorts have lasted quite a bit longer. I wear bother the 5" and 7" Surge shorts. I don't think they make either length anymore but I would opt for the 6". I have more than 1000 miles on a pair and they show no signs of ripping. I also wear them in rotation with everyday activities so there are likely quite a few more miles than 1000 on them.
      Thanks! Those Champions sound exactly like what I am looking for and price wise as well.

Comment

I saw Olivers mentioned above -- I splurged for a few pairs a while back, both with and without the liner. They are great for lounging but I would not recommend for strenuous activity or running. The inner leg and crotch area wore out/pilled pretty quick from running especially.

Comment

Another recommendation for Lululemon here! Have a handful of the linerless THE short, its the most comfortable and best looking shorts I've found on me. I'm not sure about their current warranty but I bought mine when they were still offering free repairs or replacements on failed garments. My other shorts I usually get from discount places like TJ maxx, Sierra trading post, or similar stores. They have a ton of stock from the big sporting brands but a small selection of higher end stuff in less popular colors and sizes from companies like Rhone. And I haven't bought any but Gaiam, a yoga company, kinda copycat's some Lululemon styles and I've found them at TJM and STP.

Comment

I have Adidas Climacool shorts. I like wearing them during hot days.

Comment

I just got some new Hylete Fuse shorts and they are my favorite workout shorts so far. I just wish they came in more colors, right now they are only available in "black heather" (basically charcoal grey) and a lighter green and blue.
              Ben

Comment

I like the Myles Apparel shorts - both the Momentum and Everyday shorts. The Everyday shorts work for everything - casual wear, working out - even work pretty well as swim trunks because the pockets are made of a mesh material so water drains out quickly. The pockets do not zip closed on those though, so for any workout where you get horizontal their Momentum short is better as it has at least one zip closed pocket. The Momentum shorts are also lighter weight so a little cooler for high effort hot weather activities.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X