Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What no-show socks with loafers do you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    I ended up going with the Smartwool no-show socks. Although now for the bad news. The shoes are too big for me. Not HUGE loss since I bought them on close-out from AE. But now I have to go through the hassle of trying to sell them. So much for my first loafer experience.

Leave a comment:

• mobaxter
    replied
    I got mine from Uniqlo. Inexpensive and completely no show.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Bought the Smartwool and would love them except the loafers are too big The heal moves up and ton a ton while I'm walking, removing the back of the sock from my heel. So it looks like I'll be selling this pair of loafers. Too bad too as they were my first pair.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR
    replied
    I might be a convert after reading this thread. After biting the bullet and spending on Bombas, I found them to be the only no-show that doesn't slip - figured I'd just be spending more to get what I want. But yesterday I spent a few hours in a pair of SmartWool no-shows that I bought because of this thread and, while I didn't do enough walking around to be certain, they were pretty great.

So I also just bought a pair for running that I'll be trying out in the next few days, too.

Leave a comment:

• papaholmz
    replied
    Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
    I wear the smartwool no shows. I'll never wear cotton or poly socks again.
    Same here. Absolute best option in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Sideswipe
    replied
    Smartwool and Sperry here, no slipping problems and happy with both of them.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    I got something cheap off amazon, as I wasn't (at the time) sold on strandmok 2.0 with shorts (turns out it's magnificent). They work fine for the intended purpose. I may grab some smartwool at an end of season sale this year though, as they'll need replacing next year anyway.

Leave a comment:

• robottawa
    replied
    I also recommend Bombas. Lightweight and are the only no show socks I've had that are both comfortable and stay on my feet.

Leave a comment:

• shockfinder
    replied
    I really like the Happy Style brand from Walmart. They stay in place and are durable. I’m on my feet for 6-8 hours per day and the work well for me

Leave a comment:

• dangerpenguin
    replied
    Did not realize Smartwool made no-show socks - sold! I have a variety of J.Crew (crap) and Nordstrom (more crap) cotton no-shows that slide off of my heel and/or lose elasticity fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    second the recommendation for Falke. Pricy but worth the money.

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Third recommendation for the smart wool no shows. Wearing a pair right now.

Leave a comment:

• Galcobar
    replied
    Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
    I wear the Mr. Davis no-shows. One reason I like them is that they are substantial enough not to get lost in the laundry. I have a hard time keeping track of no-shows.
    Consider a mesh laundry bag? They're good for both protecting structured garments such as bras, and for simplifying washing small items such as socks and underwear. Bonus if the socks are woolen and don't appreciate a top-load washer's more violent agitation.

Leave a comment:

• neminat
    replied
    im waiting for the Bombas socks i want to come back in stock. They have a satisfaction guarentee - no warranty so you cant really go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Excellent suggestions. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X