Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What no-show socks with loafers do you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What no-show socks with loafers do you wear?

I recently bought my first pair of loafers (during the AE clearance sale) and I want to wear them with shorts during the summer. So naturally I cannot (or will not!) wear ankle socks with them.

I'd like to wear no-show socks with them. Trouble is, the no-show sock I have come up just to, or slightly above, the shoe. And even when wearing the socks that come up to the side of the shoe, it looks kind of silly. Especially when looking down on the shoes and socks from above.

So, I'm turning to the experts here. What are you wearing, sock wise, with your loafers?

Thank you.

I wear these: https://bombas.com/products/mens-low...?variant=black

Excellent quality and they stay in place

Comment

Try Falke or Sperry. I like Falke the best because they don’t slide down, but they are more expensive.

Comment

I wear these. Really are no show and non-slip. Wearing them right now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I wear the smartwool no shows. I'll never wear cotton or poly socks again.

Comment

I wear the Mr. Davis no-shows. One reason I like them is that they are substantial enough not to get lost in the laundry. I have a hard time keeping track of no-shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Nice_Marmot View Post
              I wear the smartwool no shows. I'll never wear cotton or poly socks again.
              I'll second the Smartwool no-shows. I bought some because I was frustrated with the fit of other no-show socks and how badly ones that fit fine would slip. Best $45 (for 3 pairs) I've ever spent on my feet.

Comment

Excellent suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

im waiting for the Bombas socks i want to come back in stock. They have a satisfaction guarentee - no warranty so you cant really go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
                    I wear the Mr. Davis no-shows. One reason I like them is that they are substantial enough not to get lost in the laundry. I have a hard time keeping track of no-shows.
                    Consider a mesh laundry bag? They're good for both protecting structured garments such as bras, and for simplifying washing small items such as socks and underwear. Bonus if the socks are woolen and don't appreciate a top-load washer's more violent agitation.

Comment

Third recommendation for the smart wool no shows. Wearing a pair right now.

Comment

second the recommendation for Falke. Pricy but worth the money.

Comment

Did not realize Smartwool made no-show socks - sold! I have a variety of J.Crew (crap) and Nordstrom (more crap) cotton no-shows that slide off of my heel and/or lose elasticity fairly quickly.

Comment

I really like the Happy Style brand from Walmart. They stay in place and are durable. I’m on my feet for 6-8 hours per day and the work well for me

Comment

I also recommend Bombas. Lightweight and are the only no show socks I've had that are both comfortable and stay on my feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X