Off the rack chinos for larger legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the rack chinos for larger legs

I’m looking to add some chinos to my ward robe. The JCrew Factory ones I had previously are just too tight in the thighs and seat.

I’ve got a couple business casual meetings coming up where most will be wearing jeans. I don’t want to do that so was hoping to find some chinos off the rack due to timing. Any brands you all recommend I explore?

For some comparables I wear Levi’s 541 and S&M contemporary that fit pretty well before tailoring.

I bought a pair of Amazon brand GoodThreads straight-fit comfort wash chinos and really like them. I tried the athletic fit but those cling to my calves too much. There are a ton of colors and are <$30 per pair.

Comment

I’m a big fan of Polo Ralph Lauren classic fit chinos.

Comment

Banana Republic is pretty decent for OTR. They have their "Rapid Movement" chinos in an Athletic fit. They tend to be "stretchy" so that may or may not be your thing.
        https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...p-page-content

Comment

Ban Repub, Dockers, Land's End

I have struggled with the larger thigh issues for years. For context I am 6'2, 240, with a penchant for consuming alcohol, so my waist is larger than it should be ('sup ladies?). I also have bigger calves, so its a pain. I will make a couple of recommendations, but the fit, style, and material choices are really up to you.

- if you have a Banana Republic store nearby they have a lot of choices that could fit your style. I would stay away from the slim fit models, but others used to work for me.
          - This is the easy current go-to model for me. The material is...cheapish but they are very comfortable, which helps in the warm weather.
          -Before the recent uptake in weight these were also a go-to. Again the material is a little...cheap seeming, but they are again very comfortable and I think worth the money, and I am especially fond of the grey ones which are very soft.
          -A great entry for a little pricer, wider-legged (but not too wide), nice material model are these from Lands End. Note: if you are taller get the long rise - your sac will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by charlielo View Post
            Banana Republic is pretty decent for OTR. They have their "Rapid Movement" chinos in an Athletic fit. They tend to be "stretchy" so that may or may not be your thing.
            https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...p-page-content
            Thanks. I don’t mind stretch and will check those out.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
              I’m looking to add some chinos to my ward robe. The JCrew Factory ones I had previously are just too tight in the thighs and seat.

I’ve got a couple business casual meetings coming up where most will be wearing jeans. I don’t want to do that so was hoping to find some chinos off the rack due to timing. Any brands you all recommend I explore?

For some comparables I wear Levi’s 541 and S&M contemporary that fit pretty well before tailoring.
              Have you tried our chino? They are designed to fit the same body type as the trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                Depends on what you want for fit. Seems like you’ll have an easier time than me. I like a slimmer look but not tight. I have to size up in 541’s and tailor the waist/seat. I also have contemporary for from S&M and the thighs and seat are tight while the waist is ok.

My go to has been going up a size or two in a slim fit and getting the waist tailored. Good luck!

Comment

Bonobos Stretch Washed Chinos in straight or athletic fit. I have big legs from cycling, snowboarding and a lifetime of walking on my toes. Bonobos straight fit is one of the few chinos that work for me.
                  Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Epaulet:
                    "The Wilhelm is designed to be the absolute best-fitting chino for men with larger thighs."

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collect...ean-collection

Comment

I like BR’s Mason fit, but honestly, Dockers athletic fit is just as good. Dockers’ non-iron finish works better, too, so they’ve become my preferred chinos. They’re generally pretty cheap on Amazon, which is good because their retail price is stupid high.

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
                        Bonobos Stretch Washed Chinos in straight or athletic fit. I have big legs from cycling, snowboarding and a lifetime of walking on my toes. Bonobos straight fit is one of the few chinos that work for me.
                        I second this. I've never found a better fitting chino for large legs than Bonobos.

Comment

Originally posted by papaholmz View Post
                          I second this. I've never found a better fitting chino for large legs than Bonobos.
                          Third. My calves fit into almost nothing else but Bonobos straight fit.

Comment

For a cheaper option, Target/Goodfellow has an athletic fit that has been all right for me. Kind of limited color selection compared to some of the other fits, though.
                            Ben

Comment

Working...
                            X