Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabric ripping on belt loops

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fabric ripping on belt loops

    The fabric covering on the belt loops on two of my loops on S&M pants has worn away(guessing). The structure behind the fabric cover is still in good shape.

    Is this normal wear and tear from sitting against the back of the chair? Is this maybe something the dry cleaner did?

    Has anyone else had this issue or had it repaired?

  • #2
    Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    The fabric covering on the belt loops on two of my loops on S&M pants has worn away(guessing). The structure behind the fabric cover is still in good shape.

    Is this normal wear and tear from sitting against the back of the chair? Is this maybe something the dry cleaner did?

    Has anyone else had this issue or had it repaired?
    I've had this happen on pants before but only after multiple years of regular use. I've noticed S&M pants are somewhat fragile.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks. I think they are close to a couple years old. I’d have to check. Is it fixable? I assume wrapping them in another fabric wouldn’t exactly match unless tailors are used to this fix.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
        Thanks. I think they are close to a couple years old. I’d have to check. Is it fixable? I assume wrapping them in another fabric wouldn’t exactly match unless tailors are used to this fix.
        Could be a good opportunity to have the loops removed all together and have a tailor add some adjustable tabs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
          Could be a good opportunity to have the loops removed all together and have a tailor add some adjustable tabs.
          Interesting thought. I’ve always worn a belt. Would be interesting to go that route but I like the idea of it wasting pants that are fine elsewhere.

          Comment

          Working...
          X